Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Engine warning lights don’t come on

I have a 2020 Kia Telluride. Last month the car didn’t feel right while driving. When I got home I popped the hood. My coolant was almost empty and no warning light came on. I thought it was bizarre but figured I’d book an appointment with Kia to have it looked at in a few weeks when I am down that way for my oil change. 2 weeks after that I was at a stop light and my car stalls; no dashboard warning lights come on. It get it restarted and pull into an oil change place. They check it out for me- I’m down two quarts of oil. No warning lights.

Kia had my car for two weeks last year; it stalled driving my friend home and the Malfunction (Engine Malfunction) Indicator Lamp* came on. When I took it to Kia, they hooked it up to the machine and said no warning lights came on. I had a picture, showed them. They kept the car and tried to recreate it. They said sorry nothings wrong.

I am not a car person but does anyone find this odd?

1. the vehicle warning light a year ago wasn’t registering in the cars computer.
2. A year later no warning lights are coming on.
3. also what is up with Coolant and oil disappearing?

Thank you.

Not every code with replicate or appear when the conditions are no longer present... might explain why the dealership didn't see anything.

But the oil level is a different issue altogether... I'm guessing they didn't put the required amount of oil in during the servicing. The vehicle is too new to be losing oil on its own.

This confirms for me my preference for doing the maintenance on my 2022 myself. Good luck!