Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

EX Owners, if you get a do-over would you have purchased an SX instead?

EX Owners, if you get a do-over would you have purchased an SX instead?

• No I'm happy with my EX

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Yes I would have wanted to purchase an SX

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
No its not possible....that Mark Kia pictured is an S not an SX. Seems like they have that all messed up. I doubt even Mark Kia would try to get 46K for an S
Sorry you are wrong. You are only looking at the wheels. That is an SX with S wheels. Look at the LED headlight, the twin sun roof, and the SX designation on the tailgate, Harmon Kardon Speakers, 360 camera view infotainment screen, etc. From the pictures, it does have bench seats.

A very strange combination indeed. Perhaps it's Canadian (but in AZ?) or an SX version that the dealer swapped the S trim wheels. Also, I could be wrong but I vaguely remember one of the trims had an option to get either a bench seat or captain's chair but that option was pulled early on with captain's chair being the only option. Maybe that was the SX trim.

EDIT: It is a Canadian model! Look at the drive mode dial. That is not a USA model. Can they sell Canadian in the US? But the more concerning question is, is the warranty transferable between countries?

1562643635000.png

USA AWD SX model's drive mode dial looks like this

1562643895685.png

1562642796307.png .
1562642827293.png
1562642859318.png

Yea....didn't really look at all the pics! That's really strange! Im sure there is a story associated with it but how did a Canadian SX wind up in AZ?

That's most definitely a Canadian model. Even the VIN doesn't come up 5XYP5DHC2LG005706

I'm in Canada, and in the same situation as a lot of you. Just not that many SXs available. so just got the EX.
The only thing that bugs me is the screen on the dash, so bland, would have been nice with some color. Also the Birds Eye Camera would have been nice.
The 360 cam is the only reason I went for the SX. No 360 cam then no Telluride for me.

Gray Wolf

Yes, I purchased my EX Nightfall Wolf Gray since there was no SX available to purchase in the Wolf Gray color and with the Nightfall which I liked. They claimed it would take months to get what I wanted so I purchased the EX since it was available and had most of what I desired. If a SX was available I would have preferred it, but am happy with the EX and saved some cash to boot.

I wish that my wife and I would've gotten an SX instead of an S. At the time, we really wanted the Telluride (I had been in awe of the design from the first time I saw one on the road, and the specs really just fit our lifestyle perfectly), but we were trying to get one on a budget. The only things that we REALLY needed (wanted) was AWD, 2nd Row Captains Chairs, and heated front seats. Because this was the first thing we told the dealer upon walking into the dealership, when we asked what the differences were between the different models, the only ones he really told us about were the major ones, such as the 2nd sunroof, the different seat options with heating AND cooling, the power liftgate, and the headlights. But by the time we were all said and done, with the extended warranty (planning to keep this for the long haul), taxes and all, it was so expensive that the difference between the S and the SX felt smaller and smaller. Then, thanks to this forum, and TikTok, and Facebook, I noticed all of the other things that really would have made the SX worth the extra money, like the wheels (that we already upgraded on our S), fog lights, the 360 camera, heads-up display, USB ports everywhere, rear window shades (pretty sweet with 2 small children , but we just had it tinted instead), wireless phone charging, etc. etc. Nevertheless, we love our S, and she's still the sexiest thing in the parking lot :)

I wish that my wife and I would've gotten an SX instead of an S. At the time, we really wanted the Telluride (I had been in awe of the design from the first time I saw one on the road, and the specs really just fit our lifestyle perfectly), but we were trying to get one on a budget. The only things that we REALLY needed (wanted) was AWD, 2nd Row Captains Chairs, and heated front seats. Because this was the first thing we told the dealer upon walking into the dealership, when we asked what the differences were between the different models, the only ones he really told us about were the major ones, such as the 2nd sunroof, the different seat options with heating AND cooling, the power liftgate, and the headlights. But by the time we were all said and done, with the extended warranty (planning to keep this for the long haul), taxes and all, it was so expensive that the difference between the S and the SX felt smaller and smaller. Then, thanks to this forum, and TikTok, and Facebook, I noticed all of the other things that really would have made the SX worth the extra money, like the wheels (that we already upgraded on our S), fog lights, the 360 camera, heads-up display, USB ports everywhere, rear window shades (pretty sweet with 2 small children , but we just had it tinted instead), wireless phone charging, etc. etc. Nevertheless, we love our S, and she's still the sexiest thing in the parking lot :)
That's the spirit! They all look exceptional.

leedogg

The primary reason for me getting a vehicle this size was to carry 8 passengers...pisses me off no end that the SX doesn't allow the bench.

The primary reason for me getting a vehicle this size was to carry 8 passengers...pisses me off no end that the SX doesn't allow the bench.
Yeah, this does seem to be a polarizing issue. My daughter loves the captain's chairs in the back, feels like riding shotgun. But if you must have 8 passengers, that would be a bummer.