Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Fed Up

I have a 2020 Kia Telluride Prestige Package. My car has so many issues. They won’t fix the rear windshield wiper fluid leaking until they can get it on video. My rear driver side passenger seat heater does not work. They are working on that this week. I have over 20 chips in my bumper down to the base. No I don’t drive except on paved roads. They keep my car for over 11 days to fix it and all they did was spray a protective coat OVER all the dings. Now keep this in mind. Kia comsumer affairs had originally denied this claim. I fought with them for about a month. My inside/outside air button changes randomly on its own. I’m really over this car. I think I would be ok if they would just fix it but my area service department is absolutely horrible. I am the ONLY one in souther Illinois that his this specific vehicle. I haven’t had a nice thing to say about it to anyone. I know it’s a new style of car and there would be issues. However I am fighting Kia every step of the way. I’m kind of over this vehicle

Hatchmo75

Sorry to hear about all of your issues. Someone that works for Kia posted on another telluride forum that they are aware of the rear windshield wiper leak issue and are working on a fix. There will eventually be a recall/service bulletin. Haven’t heard of anyone else with the chipping in the bumper but their “repair” effort sounds terrible.

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #3
Sorry to hear about all of your issues. Someone that works for Kia posted on another telluride forum that they are aware of the rear windshield wiper leak issue and are working on a fix. There will eventually be a recall/service bulletin. Haven’t heard of anyone else with the chipping in the bumper but their “repair” effort sounds terrible.
Yes. I do know about other Telluride rear windshield issues. My service department told me it was nationwide. However they are saying they cannot fix mine until they video tape mine. It doesn’t happen all the time so this is difficult to do. We are meeting with the dealership owner tomorrow. Thank you for responding

The leaking rear wiper is a common problem, I think I've counted 5-6 members on this site complained about it. As for the paint chip that's a new one, can you post some pictures on how bad it looks?

I would be so upset if they spray a sealant without fixing the dings. Did they dealer tell you why the driver side seat warmers didn't working? Was it a bad heating element or loose wire?

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #6
Keep in mind. This picture is AFTER they fixed it. There is approx 20 of these on the front lower bumper. A8FEA3F3-D44D-4CEC-AC65-F0E28BEE4D4C.jpeg

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #7
I would be so upset if they spray a sealant without fixing the dings. Did they dealer tell you why the driver side seat warmers didn't working? Was it a bad heating element or loose wire?
They are saying bad element for the seat. They kept my car for 11 days to fix the bumper and returned it to me like this last week. We are AGAIN meeting with the dealership owner tomorrow

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #9
Don’t forget that Kia consumer affairs denied the claim two times and I kept fighting it. This damage took place within the first month I had the car. They told me I must live on a gravel road. I do not. I only drive on paved streets. So pissed off 😡

They are saying bad element for the seat. They kept my car for 11 days to fix the bumper and returned it to me like this last week. We are AGAIN meeting with the dealership owner tomorrow
Hopefully the replacement will be problem free.

@Theshys my rear wiper fluid also leaks, doesn't happen every time but it's really annoying when it does.

Sorry to hear about your issues. Hope everything goes well at the meeting tomorrow and please keep us posted.

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #15
How are the paint chips the dealer or kias fault?
It’s not paint chips. It’s the clear coat that I think is defective. This all happened within the first month of owning that car. If you look on any cars front bumper, cars that are older that 1 month there are no chips like this. I only drove on the highway and paved roads. So yes, it is unacceptable for a 2020 Kia isTelluride Prestige package.

ucinn

Staff Member
Nobody has replied about the inside/outside air button. That does change automatically as it is to keep the inside humidity lower so windows don't fog. There is a way to turn it off and is in the owner's manual.

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #19
How are the paint chips the dealer or kias fault?
Nobody has replied about the inside/outside air button. That does change automatically as it is to keep the inside humidity lower so windows don't fog. There is a way to turn it off and is in the owner's manual.
Did not know that. Can you tell me what page that is on.

bbbuzzy

Sorry to hear about the quality issues. Hopefully KIA can fix all these as the 2020 builds continue.