Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Fed Up

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #21
Day 21 and I may be getting my car back next week. After they kept my car for 11 days they realized they painted the wrong part. 3 days later the correct part was painted. On that day they took the seat out and realized the assembly line had used a helo coil to fix a cross thread. Today, day 21 of not having my car, they have come up with a solution. I can only hope that it is a safe one. The engineer says so so I must accept that fix or void my warranty. Had to fight to get a comparable rental car to my SX Prestige Package. Had to fight to get my car renters insurance paid and I am sure that I will have to fight for car payment compensation for not having my Telluride SX for a month. I am physically and emotionally exhausted with the daily calls and disagreements with Kia Customer service and certain people at my dealership. This is my 6th new Kia in 10 years. Yes I love my car and feel blessed to have gotten a SX with Prestige in April, but I am just exhausted over all of this.

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties; made worse by disappointing CS response.

Hope it all gets resolved; keep us posted.

Day 21 and I may be getting my car back next week. After they kept my car for 11 days they realized they painted the wrong part. 3 days later the correct part was painted. On that day they took the seat out and realized the assembly line had used a helo coil to fix a cross thread. Today, day 21 of not having my car, they have come up with a solution. I can only hope that it is a safe one. The engineer says so so I must accept that fix or void my warranty. Had to fight to get a comparable rental car to my SX Prestige Package. Had to fight to get my car renters insurance paid and I am sure that I will have to fight for car payment compensation for not having my Telluride SX for a month. I am physically and emotionally exhausted with the daily calls and disagreements with Kia Customer service and certain people at my dealership. This is my 6th new Kia in 10 years. Yes I love my car and feel blessed to have gotten a SX with Prestige in April, but I am just exhausted over all of this.
Sorry to hear about your situation.. But there is some learning from this on how deal with the dealer and Kia corporate on a issue... Can you help expain what you are doing to push back and fight back in case you are getting you issue denied/ invalidated by a them ? Are these in verbal conversations or back and forth in emails ... How did you convince to get them to own the issue and fix it ?

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #26
I started with contacting my Kia dealership. Whenever they said no I contacted customer service. I found them a bit more capable of helping me out. I called everyday and had it escalated as much as I could. I just kept calling and fighting. I kept asking for more even when they said no. I am not gonna Lie. It’s been a nightmare. I mentioned lemon law and that seemed to get the matter being looked at quicker and more in depth. Honestly I just called and fought them every single day. All phone calls. I documented every call and will continue till I get my car back.

I started with contacting my Kia dealership. Whenever they said no I contacted customer service. I found them a bit more capable of helping me out. I called everyday and had it escalated as much as I could. I just kept calling and fighting. I kept asking for more even when they said no. I am not gonna Lie. It’s been a nightmare. I mentioned lemon law and that seemed to get the matter being looked at quicker and more in depth. Honestly I just called and fought them every single day. All phone calls. I documented every call and will continue till I get my car back.
Thanks. This can help a lot of folks who will have to dealing with absurdity ... You are a real fighter.. Keep on it...

Hearing about your problem, and other issues shared on the forum, makes me hesitant to move ahead with a planned purchase this fall.

Might be prudent to hold on to my money and Suburban until most of the bugs are worked out of the new vehicles and there is a larger base of vehicle owners to share opinions.

Hearing about your problem, and other issues shared on the forum, makes me hesitant to move ahead with a planned purchase this fall.

Might be prudent to hold on to my money and Suburban until most of the bugs are worked out of the new vehicles and there is a larger base of vehicle owners to share opinions.
Keep in mind for every person experiencing problems there are hundreds of happy owners. I wouldn't let it discourage you from getting one

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #32
Got the car back today. Was half way home. Noticed parking break light was on. Then noticed all the features in the middle console were not working. Called My dealership. They told me the warning light is always on so it reminds me to put parking brake on. After a complete come apart, the picture tells it all. Day 29 and it is back to the service department.

Attachments

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #33
Got my car back today. Car payment paid for the month. Insurance payment paid for the month. Car wash paid for a month. Free interior light system and free all weather mats. Let’s understand though. All this came from Kia Customer Service. NOT my dealership.

Attachments

......but does it work?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Got my car back today. Car payment paid for the month. Insurance payment paid for the month. Car wash paid for a month. Free interior light system and free all weather mats. Let’s understand though. All this came from Kia Customer Service. NOT my dealership.
Awesome looks like Kia owned the issue and made you happy ? Rite?

Vtguy

I see this is an old thread. Well here's an update on the rear windshield washer. On the 2021 model it doesn't leak at all... so they fixed the leaking issue, but unfortunately the windshield washer doesn't work at all either.

Ksyfert1

I have a 2020 Kia Telluride Prestige Package. My car has so many issues. They won’t fix the rear windshield wiper fluid leaking until they can get it on video. My rear driver side passenger seat heater does not work. They are working on that this week. I have over 20 chips in my bumper down to the base. No I don’t drive except on paved roads. They keep my car for over 11 days to fix it and all they did was spray a protective coat OVER all the dings. Now keep this in mind. Kia comsumer affairs had originally denied this claim. I fought with them for about a month. My inside/outside air button changes randomly on its own. I’m really over this car. I think I would be ok if they would just fix it but my area service department is absolutely horrible. I am the ONLY one in souther Illinois that his this specific vehicle. I haven’t had a nice thing to say about it to anyone. I know it’s a new style of car and there would be issues. However I am fighting Kia every step of the way. I’m kind of over this vehicle
I just called consumer affairs about a snow wheel balance issue. I also live in southern IL and pulled in a drive way that was not plowed. The snow adhered to the back of the wheel casing a terrible vibration. Consumer affairs said they can’t be responsible for the weather and told me to call the dealer. I also am having a lot of nicks in the front end. I also had to have the windshield replaced with less than 5000 miles on the car.

Chico

I too have issues with the rear wiper leaking, waiting for a Kia wide recall to fix this problem. Other than that, my telluride does not have no other problems, just a few small stone chips in the windshield. My telluride is about 23months old and some of the first builds units for Canada.Also I do a lot of highway driving, about 80-90%,this would account for the stone chips,mostly visible on a very bright sunny day.over all ,l give it a 9.5 out of 10.

S