Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Greetings from Colorado - SXP ordered yesterday 11/11/19!

JayCO

Happy to be here on the forums... I've belonged to a ton of car forum communities over the years... mostly Audi, VW, Jeep, and Toyota. First Kia for us!

Current Vehicles:
2020 Kia Telluride SXP - Moss/Dune (ordered 11/11/19)
2017 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew - White Gold
2015 Toyota Sienna XLE - Silver
1982 Jeep CJ-7 Laredo - Olympic White

player4

Welcome!
We also ordered the same color and trim combo along with Towing pkg! Great looking color combo , in my opinion.
Order was placed back in mid-August with delivery now est for mid-December.

OP
J

JayCO

Thread Starter #3
Welcome!
We also ordered the same color and trim combo along with Towing pkg! Great looking color combo , in my opinion.
Order was placed back in mid-August with delivery now est for mid-December.
Thanks. Congrats on the delivery estimate. I don't expect ours before end of March. There are 6 similar allocations ahead of me from our dealership. So there's a slim chance I can snag one if someone drops out.

I agree on the color combo. My wife really likes the Moss. I REALLY didn't want a white headliner. So Dune it is. I think it will be pretty handsome .

Djgberg

I ordered the exact same SXP; Moss with dune nappa on or about October 28th. I asked the dealer last Friday for an update but they told me it takes a month to get an order confirmation from the factory. I expect delivery in February. Oddly they did not want a deposit. All they needed from me was my initials on the order form (Things that make you go hmmm). FYI, I ordered from KIA Texarkana because they are not selling over MSRP. Go check out my post on the bad dealer list where I posted a pic of a $10k over MSRP offer from KIA Shreveport.

OP
J

JayCO

Thread Starter #6
I ordered the exact same SXP; Moss with dune nappa on or about October 28th. I asked the dealer last Friday for an update but they told me it takes a month to get an order confirmation from the factory. I expect delivery in February. Oddly they did not want a deposit. All they needed from me was my initials on the order form (Things that make you go hmmm). FYI, I ordered from KIA Texarkana because they are not selling over MSRP. Go check out my post on the bad dealer list where I posted a pic of a $10k over MSRP offer from KIA Shreveport.
That is strange. I had a friend down in Austin place an order we a dealership in Austin on 11/10 and he had a strange experience at the dealership as well. Just didn't get the "warm fuzzy" that an order was legitimately being placed. The whole thing seemed disorganized to him.

For me, I chose a large volume dealership that is not marking up Tellurides. The way it was described to me, was that they were not submitting custom orders. All of the deposits were for Tellurides in their slated and upcoming allocations. I interpreted that to mean that they get some notification that they are allocated a certain number of trim levels etc, and they are matching people who laid down deposits to those trims/allocations. This particular dealership seems to get about 20 allocations/month. So since there are a number of folks on their list ahead of me waiting for a Moss/Dune SXP allocation, I just have to wait. Once I get an allocation that matches close enough to my requested order, it gets assigned to me and eventually I'll get a VIN.

Does my interpretation sound correct, or am I totally off base? The only experience I have ordering a car was a B8 Audi A4... it was custom ordered (not out of allocations) direct from the factory in Germany. None of this allocation nonsense.

Ampedup8

Wondering if any of you who ordered in Nov 19 have taken delivery yet?