Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Has anyone installed 17" wheels with lift kit?

DrewD520

I'm getting ready to order wheels this week, and can't decide between 17" or 18" wheels. If I go with the 18" wheels, I'm likely going to run 265/60r18 all terrain tires... With 17", my plan would be 265/65r17.. I also have the 2" Truxxx lift being installed later this week and want to make sure I order the right set.

I would prefer the 17" wheels with the thicker tires, but my concern is whether they will fit properly with the brake calipers. Has anyone successfully installed 17" wheels and are there any issues I need to be aware of before I order?

The wheels I plan on ordering the the Black Rhino Boxers in Black... https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/truck-wheels-truck-rims-boxer.php

I actually just ordered a similar setup to what you are looking at. I went with 17” MKW Off-road M208 wheels, and I have a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3’s in 245/70/17 sitting in the garage waiting for the wheels to arrive. I selected this size so that I won’t have to trim anything in the fender well. I also have the Truxx lift and will be installing it when my wheels get here.

OP
D

DrewD520

Thread Starter #3
Awesome, man! Would love to see it when its done. After going back and forth, I ended up going with a 20" Black Rhino Barstow like the ones in the pics below... They came in yesterday and I'm waiting for my tires to come in hopefully by this weekend. I ended up with the Toyo Open Country AT3s in a 255/55/20.. 2" lift was installed yesterday and looks/feels so much better.. It also rides very smooth..

Attachments

I have a set of 17” wheels sitting in my garage that I haven’t mounted yet... I’ll let you know here in the next few days if they fit.