Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Is there a way to Sync the rear Heat/AC contorls with the front?

Is there a way to always have the rear Heat/AC setting match the front setting, without having to separately set it from the front screen? Sometimes I blast the A/C in the front and rear when first getting in the hot car, and then as it gets cold I turn down the fan up front, or dial-in the temperature a little bit warmer until I get it to the perfect temperature, but forget I ALSO have to turn down the fan speed and the temperature in the rear. I have two young girls, 1 y/o and 2 y/o, and if I forget to change the controls for the rear every time I change the ones in the front, I either freeze them out or burn them up (in the winter). It's SOO annoying to have to constantly adjust them both separately! Anyone one know if there's a way to sync them together all the time? The last 3 sedans I've had, and a Rav4, that all had dual climate controls (for the front two passengers) always had a sync button, so that if you were riding by yourself you could control the temp and fan speed for both front climate controls from just the driver's side controls. I have no idea why this isn't a thing for the front and rear in the Telluride.

I somehow did it just yesterday not know how. I think I went into the information screen for the rear control and set it to auto and then activated the Sync from the front controls. I will try again today and update if I an get it to work again.

OP
'21 White Privilege Telly
Thread Starter #3
I somehow did it just yesterday not know how. I think I went into the information screen for the rear control and set it to auto and then activated the Sync from the front controls. I will try again today and update if I an get it to work again.
Yea please let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use the 10.25” touchscreen on the dash to adjust the rear climate control. Aside from going to the 2nd row seats this is the only way to do it. You can use your “Favorite” button to automatically take you to rear climate control but then you’ve used your Favorite button for something used behind you. Your choice.

OP
Thread Starter #5
You can use the 10.25” touchscreen on the dash to adjust the rear climate control. Aside from going to the 2nd row seats this is the only way to do it. You can use your “Favorite” button to automatically take you to rear climate control but then you’ve used your Favorite button for something used behind you. Your choice.
Yea, that was some poor engineering on Kia's part. I'm surprised I don't have to lock the front doors from a different place from where I have to lock the back doors... :mad:

Yea please let me know. Thanks!

I forgot to share: You can control the rear a/c controls from the front. Just go to the touchscreen for for the rear options and select automatic. If the sync for the front is active or just activate it you will see that the rear controls will reflect the same settings as the front area. Now you can sync control the fan speed and temperature.

OP
Thread Starter #7
I forgot to share: You can control the rear a/c controls from the front. Just go to the touchscreen for for the rear options and select automatic. If the sync for the front is active or just activate it you will see that the rear controls will reflect the same settings as the front area. Now you can sync control the fan speed and temperature.
Must be an EX/SX option. I don't have any such "automatic" or "sync" buttons or options. I can control the rear A/C from the front, but that is it. Have to adjust the front and rear separately every time want to make a minor adjustment to it.