Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Rear door locks

Rhalama

I sometimes sit in the 2nd row when I am with my wife and son driving. When we stop and park, I cannot get out of the rear door. I try moving the unlock arm under the door handle but the door doesn't open. Is it that "child locks" are on? Is that the lowest button on the drivers arm rest. Sometimes the rear doors will open, sometimes not. Not sure how the child locks work.

It sounds like you have the child locks on and that's why you can't get out of the door. Can someone open the door from the outside for you?

Definitely look up child locks in your manual to see how to engage/disengage them. On my 2024, it's a button on the driver's side door. Engaging the child lock prevents someone from being able to open the door and exit the car (presumably a child) unless someone (presumably a parent) opens the door intentionally from the outside.