Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Just Ordered...Now We Wait

I ordered my SX Prestige/Nightfall on September 24th and STILL haven't had my order picked up by Kia. I don't know what number I was originally in line, but on 11/05 I was #119; 12/02 I was #104 and then 01/13 I was #81 and end of January I was #52.....I'm getting impatient...LOL. My order form originally said 3-5 months and now my dealer has told me that they actually had to close their Telluride orders bc they were a year out. UGH.....
I spoke to my dealer last week and she said orders from late August and September were currently being filled. I ordered October 15 and was told then to expect a 6 month wait...at the time, I thought that included some buffer but now I think it's going to take the full 6 mos (at least). I'm checking failcat all the time looking for my vin.

Joelle530

I spoke to my dealer last week and she said orders from late August and September were currently being filled. I ordered October 15 and was told then to expect a 6 month wait...at the time, I thought that included some buffer but now I think it's going to take the full 6 mos (at least). I'm checking failcat all the time looking for my vin.
I finally talked to my sales person last night. I am 42 in line but they have been slowing down the pulls. I did find out that if mind doesn't get pulled by the time they close orders for 2022, I will automatically get a 2023....so now I kind of want a 2023...LOL

I finally talked to my sales person last night. I am 42 in line but they have been slowing down the pulls. I did find out that if mind doesn't get pulled by the time they close orders for 2022, I will automatically get a 2023....so now I kind of want a 2023...LOL
When did you place your order? Did 'they' say why the pulls have been slowing down? Thx.

Joelle530

When did you place your order? Did 'they' say why the pulls have been slowing down? Thx.
I placed my order on September 21, 2021. He didn't give me specifics other than all shipments have been slowing down. He told me the Kia rep told him that the Seltos and one other car were only getting 1000 cars a month manufactured over the entire US. That's not a lot for all dealers. I know they did start manufacturing the new 2023 Sportage February 1st at the Georgia plant which is also the only place that manufactures the Telluride. That might be part of the slowdown, they are now making four cars out of that plant.

@Joelle530

Did u get a date for when they cutoff the orders for 2022? Is it soon?
Lol! Did they tell u the date that they close orders for 2022?

Joelle530

M
@Joelle530

Did u get a date for when they cutoff the orders for 2022? Is it soon?

Lol! Did they tell u the date that they close orders for 2022?
My sales person told me he thought they stopped pulling in March but I’m not 100% sure on that. I wish someone on here knew for sure. Lol

maxford

I just heard from the dealer we ordered from on Dec 9 (Arapahoe, CO) that our order was picked up by the factory with an estimated delivery date of May 3. Hope we get close to that date.

On 12/27/21 I ordered a Glacial White Pearl/Gray SX + Prestige + Nightfall + Towing + Kitchen Sink + SubZero Fridge & Wolf Gas Range (Just kidding on the last few). I was told 6-12 months. $1k down at MSRP and so I wait... I was also told that if it hit 10 months I'd get the 2023 for the same price. NOW...where do I get Black Kia Logos for the front and back???
Ordered mine on 2/23/22 gravity grey nightfall with grey interior and towing package. I was told 16-24 weeks and by the looks of everyone’s post I’ll be waiting the 24 weeks. I guess I should talk to my dealer about the ‘23 coming out and what happens for me.

Ordered mine on 2/23/22 gravity grey nightfall with grey interior and towing package. I was told 16-24 weeks and by the looks of everyone’s post I’ll be waiting the 24 weeks. I guess I should talk to my dealer about the ‘23 coming out and what happens for me.
Congrats

Hey,
Decided to order one right now, before my Telly arrives.
Which colour looks better? Chrome black or matt black?
Thanks
Not sure if this opinion is still relevant, but, the black chrome will be shinier than the grill, the matte will blend in more. I used Piano black hyper dip to so the blackout and its has a semi gloss look to it. The chrome will stand out a little more, but both will look nice.

ilyxa

Not sure if this opinion is still relevant, but, the black chrome will be shinier than the grill, the matte will blend in more. I used Piano black hyper dip to so the blackout and its has a semi gloss look to it. The chrome will stand out a little more, but both will look nice.
Thanks for your opinion! It's still relevant since my car is still two months away

M

My sales person told me he thought they stopped pulling in March but I’m not 100% sure on that. I wish someone on here knew for sure. Lol

KFOS has not opened for March to the dealers yet. Where did you get that information from? It's usually mid month.

OP
Bucky Festoon
Thread Starter #33
It is still relevant. Based on your recommendation I'll probably go with the matte. I'm still not sure how far out mine is. Ordered 12/27/21...and have not heard back from the dealer that is is in the queue...and so we wait some more...

OP
Bucky Festoon
Thread Starter #35
It really depends on your willingness to wait!!! When I ordered mine in December 2021 I was told 6-12 month wait. It was $1,000 and MSRP. I was also told that depending on how orders flowed I might get a 2023 at the same price. If you order now DON'T pay over MSRP and you will definitely get a 2023. I recently heard of someone from my area who ordered 2 months before me (October 2021) and theirs is set to be built next month (May 2022) so probably delivered in June. If that's true then mine would be built in July and delivered in August? So mine could actually be a 2023...

tweeezy

Based on y
It really depends on your willingness to wait!!! When I ordered mine in December 2021 I was told 6-12 month wait. It was $1,000 and MSRP. I was also told that depending on how orders flowed I might get a 2023 at the same price. If you order now DON'T pay over MSRP and you will definitely get a 2023. I recently heard of someone from my area who ordered 2 months before me (October 2021) and theirs is set to be built next month (May 2022) so probably delivered in June. If that's true then mine would be built in July and delivered in August? So mine could actually be a 2023...
Based on your answer it seems like it’s better to try to find a dealership who has the trim, colors, and etc you want pending in their arrival queue.

Waiting longer than 3 months, I feel in my opinion takes the joy out of it. Depending on the season, I would assume most people would want their Tellurides in nice weather. Spring, Summer, and Fall. It wouldn’t feel good ordering a new one now just to pick it up in December 😊.

tweeezy

Lg smith

I won't cancel. I want the digital display. The Sportage already has it. I don't mind the learning curve. Will be fun to learn and I'm a senior citizen!