Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Liftgate Failure

Stoney

Just had the "won't close...beeps 3 times" problem. The manual says to turn the Telly on, make sure it is in Park, then press the close button and the manual close next to the license plate/back camera for 3 seconds. It worked! Also, there are other problems and solutions in the manual. Thank goodness! I was thinking I would have to bring it in to a dealer! (The manual also advises not to keep opening and closing the tailgate or this could happen).

We took our week old Telluride camping this weekend and couldn’t open the rear power liftgate this morning. When we tried from the remote outside it would just blink the outside lights at up and beep but the gate wouldn’t go up. From inside the car with car running or without when you held food the interior liftgate button the hazard warning light and both the left and right turn signal indicators inside would flash but the gate still wouldn’t open. I was able to crawl into the back and manually open it by sliding the key in that slot on the inside of the rear hatch. That opened it.

Once open I closed it again but again it wouldn’t open with the rear button, remote or the inside button. A left it for an hour or so then magically it started working again as it should.

Anyone else experience any issues opening the rear power liftgate?

I just experienced that a couple weeks ago. I saw on this thread about the key access on the interior of the door. I used that key to open it from the inside. After I did that I no longer had that issue. All buttons worked they way they were supposed to. I will make sure to bring it up at my next oil change if it doesn't happen again. If it happens again I will take it in