Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

New to forum, looking for Dark Moss, Dune, SXP, Towing (AWD)

Hello, like many, have been doing research and want specific color, options, etc. Any guidance on how best to order, see dealer allocations, etc is greatly appreciated. We are ready to purchase after selling our Toyota Sequoia.

Aliaga61

guessing you won't have any luck finding anything in stock. i ordered mine in November and got it a couple weeks ago. same colors and trim.

Rhino

Hello, like many, have been doing research and want specific color, options, etc. Any guidance on how best to order, see dealer allocations, etc is greatly appreciated. We are ready to purchase after selling our Toyota Sequoia.
In MN, I ordered the exact same color, options last November. Nothing in stock here at all. Delivery in April.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
In MN, I ordered the exact same color, options last November. Nothing in stock here at all. Delivery in April.
So, ~5 mos after ordering? Thx, good to know. We just ordered last Saturday from Kia of Lansing, MI after weeks of monitoring the lookup list and calling around the country. Black, Dune, SXP, towing. Dealer agreed to MSRP, no up charge. We watched them enter the order with our options. We were prepared to pre-order/put money down. They did not require it. Still waiting for confirmation that Kia accepted the order, assigned a delivery date. Fingers crossed.

Have you checked on cars.com to see if there are any inventory?

Awcdancer

We just picked up ours, dark moss with dune interior. Told the dealer in Jan that’s what we were looking for and they just happened to be having one arriving end of Feb. we put a deposit down immediately!

Seantastic

Congrats! Yes they are definitely hard to come by. I went to the dealership a few weeks ago and they had three coming of the rack and two were already sold. I gave them my paperwork on the SX model I wanted to order. They told me that the same one to spec I wanted was coming in but had a couple more add ons and 600 dollars more. I immediately put a deposit on it. It should be here next week!

Ampedup8

Yes but kept getting the runaround on SXP w towing trim. This lookup tool is nice and reflects VINs before they arrive at the dealer. http://telluride-lookup.herokuapp.com/
Just used this link for the first time. I ordered an SX on 2/21 and I found the dealer from the link. I see SXs that have more recent “create” dates but I don’t see mine. Any idea what that “create” date is using this tool. I would think it’s the date the dealer ordered the car? If mine isn’t in the list, does that mean they didn’t order it yet?

DubC_SXP

Just used this link for the first time. I ordered an SX on 2/21 and I found the dealer from the link. I see SXs that have more recent “create” dates but I don’t see mine. Any idea what that “create” date is using this tool. I would think it’s the date the dealer ordered the car? If mine isn’t in the list, does that mean they didn’t order it yet?
My understanding is that the factory needs to accept an order put in by the dealer and when accepted will then create a VIN. This acceptance is not immediate. Looks to me like that Create date is for when VIN numbers are assigned not dealer orders accepted.

Ampedup8

My understanding is that the factory needs to accept an order put in by the dealer and when accepted will then create a VIN. This acceptance is not immediate. Looks to me like that Create date is for when VIN numbers are assigned not dealer orders accepted.
Great, thank you for the response. That makes sense.

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
Great, thank you for the response. That makes sense.
Please join the other forum that these tools are on..

The way it works is the create date is when the Telluride is built. They already assigned to the dealer you see listed. Most are sold order units but you can get lucky and call the dealership to see if it is available. It has help many forum members track their own Telluride as well as finding available ones.

This is just one tool as we have several others to help

https://tellurideforum.org/

this is the link

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
The ordering process has two methods that the dealership does.

One is through Kdealer and the other is through KFOS.

dealers get “x” amount of Tellurides of each level FWD and AWD assigned to them.

If ordering there are many factors to know about before placing order.

how many orders are infront of mine?
How many of the trim level I’m interested in get assigned on average to dealership I’m interested in ordering through.

now 2020 are done so we are waiting on information on 2021 if you are looking to order.

all these things are mentioned in great detail on the other forum mentioned above