Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Not heating up fast enough

Has anyone else noticed that the Telluride takes forever to warm up in cold weather? And, even after driving for 8-10 minutes, the engine hasn't warmed up to the point that when stopped at a light, the fan blows noticeably colder air. I think my Telluride takes about 12-15 minutes to really throw hot air on cold mornings, and, by the way, I garage my car.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Has anyone else noticed that the Telluride takes forever to warm up in cold weather? And, even after driving for 8-10 minutes, the engine hasn't warmed up to the point that when stopped at a light, the fan blows noticeably colder air. I think my Telluride takes about 12-15 minutes to really throw hot air on cold mornings, and, by the way, I garage my car.

Might better get it checked out. Mine warms up throwing heat after the first minute.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Might better get it checked out. Mine warms up throwing heat after the first minute.
Same here. Mine heats up within a few minutes in ~25-30 degree f weather.

Same with mine. The engine heat indicator needle moves to the middle within 5 mins, This in MN @ 10 F

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
I read a few posts in other forums that this is not an unusual problem, seems common. I'm curious if the driving mode might have something to do with it. I'm going to keep it in Comfort mode instead of Eco or Smart and track what happens.

What do you guys drive in who say their Telluride throws heat quickly?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I read a few posts in other forums that this is not an unusual problem, seems common. I'm curious if the driving mode might have something to do with it. I'm going to keep it in Comfort mode instead of Eco or Smart and track what happens.

What do you guys drive in who say their Telluride throws heat quickly?

Smart or comfort.

ucinn

Staff Member
Are you turning off the ISG feature. If it's turning off the engine at stop lights, it's going to take longer to fully heat up the vehicle.

GNR

I've noticed it takes quite a bit longer to warm up in city driving vs highway. I suspect the Telluride is programmed to retain engine heat for fast warm up for emissions and fuel economy before it gives it to the cabin.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
The ISG is always off.....I really didn't like it. I gave it a shot, but it just wasn't for me.

I'm talking about city driving. It just seems to take forever to throw consistent heat. The driving mode doesn't seem to matter either.

witty

Smart or comfort.
I keep mine in smart and I still have issues with it not heating up and at low rpms cooling off. Until I have driven it for over 30min. The a/c does the same thing. I had it in for service for the a/c and was told it is fine. I had it in again for the heat and told the same thing. "couldn't duplicate". I also woke this morning and the battery was dead. Nothing was left on. I also noticed over the last week that the rear heat and air was always off as opposed to it always being on when I first got in and would have to turn it off every time. If anyone has had similar problems and got their vehicle fixed, please put down the dealership name and address so that others can have their dealerships contact them to see how the problem was resolved.

I've also noticed that my car blows cool air when I stop at stoplights. It's freezing and this needs to be constant heat! So aggravating!

witty

Did any of you get the heat issue resolved? Mine has been doing the same thing since I purchased it in March 2019. Dealer tells me the same "can't duplicate".

knallday

I've also noticed that my car blows cool air when I stop at stoplights. It's freezing and this needs to be constant heat! So aggravating!
I have the same problem, took it to dealership and they said they can't duplicate this issue