Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Overheating 2024 Kia Telluride SX Prestige

Braggca2

Had my new SX Prestige for one week, 512 miles on it. My wife got an overheat alarm in the Walgreens drive through. She shut it off for 10 minutes and drove it home.
I started it in the driveway. Temp was normal for three minutes then spiked 3/4 up the display and turned red. No steam, no leaks and I did not hear the electric fan kick on.
Have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow.

Attachments

Have you checked the level in the coolant reservoir? Might have an air pocket

It looks like your car is facing an overheating problem. It's good that you are going to make an appointment with the dealer to have this problem resolved. This may be due to a problem with the cooling system or other technical problems that require professional intervention. Your dealer will be able to diagnose and identify the cause of overheating and suggest appropriate corrective measures.

44Dan44

Had my new SX Prestige for one week, 512 miles on it. My wife got an overheat alarm in the Walgreens drive through. She shut it off for 10 minutes and drove it home.
I started it in the driveway. Temp was normal for three minutes then spiked 3/4 up the display and turned red. No steam, no leaks and I did not hear the electric fan kick on.
Have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow.
What were the results of your appointment?