Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Oil change?

rainy

Does changing your own oil or taking it somewhere besides a Kia dealer void any warranties? When we bought our car they showed us all the places under the hood that were color coded that we could mess with and said anything else we shouldn’t touch. I thought he said something about voiding the warranty if we did it ourselves. Anyone out there know? Thanks

ucinn

Staff Member
Does changing your own oil or taking it somewhere besides a Kia dealer void any warranties? When we bought our car they showed us all the places under the hood that were color coded that we could mess with and said anything else we shouldn’t touch. I thought he said something about voiding the warranty if we did it ourselves. Anyone out there know? Thanks
If you do it yourself or have it done elsewhere than a Kia dealer, save all receipts and make sure they describe the work performed. My son did that with his Forte and when the engine went kablooey at 67K, he presented them to Kia and they replaced his engine under warranty.