Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

First Oil Change

Bought a New 2023 Telluride, salesman says that if first oil change is not done at 7000 miles it will void warranty, the manual shows 8,000 miles and oil percentage shows it will go 24,000 miles (no way I would ever let it go that far or anywhere close to that). What’s the real story.

Thank You
Adam

I change mine every 5k. 7.5 is under the normal driving condition. Under severe driving conditions the oil change interval is around 3750k.

Bought a New 2023 Telluride, salesman says that if first oil change is not done at 7000 miles it will void warranty, the manual shows 8,000 miles and oil percentage shows it will go 24,000 miles (no way I would ever let it go that far or anywhere close to that). What’s the real story.

Thank You
Adam
Where do you see percentage of oil remaining. There is no such thing on tellu by default. And certainly not 24k.