Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Ordered 22 Telluride SX + prestige + nightfall - told 6-8 months out

Just ordered a 22 Wolf Gray Telluride SX + prestige + nightfall on 1/15/22. Told 6-8 months out. Really excited but not sure how to handle the wait. I believe it'll be worth it....better be. ;p

Just ordered a 22 Wolf Gray Telluride SX + prestige + nightfall on 1/15/22. Told 6-8 months out. Really excited but not sure how to handle the wait. I believe it'll be worth it....better be. ;p
Any update on your vehicle? I've got nothing except when I enquired about adding roof rails and sidesteps and was told that would send me to the back of the line. So if I do rails and sidesteps I'll do them as aftermarket.

OP
MadmansVoid
Thread Starter #3
Any update on your vehicle? I've got nothing except when I enquired about adding roof rails and sidesteps and was told that would send me to the back of the line. So if I do rails and sidesteps I'll do them as aftermarket.
Nope. I plan to check in with my dealer on the 15th of each month (ordered on 1/15) to see if there are any updates or known changes. I'll post here if I get any info. The wait continues...

ike123

Nope. I plan to check in with my dealer on the 15th of each month (ordered on 1/15) to see if there are any updates or known changes. I'll post here if I get any info. The wait continues...
So we are in Omaha, NE and ordered an AWD SX Gravity grey with towing/ nightfall mid May 2021 with a 6-8 month estimated wait time ( I think they actually were able to submit the order to Kia early June). At the beginning of January ‘22 we called to check in on the status since we were in month 8, and were told we were about 90 days out from delivery :cry: We just got a text today (3/11) that our telluride went into production today and we’d have an ETA next Thursday (3/18). Not sure how long that process takes but hoping in a couple of weeks we’ll have it 🤞🏻 Of course certain dealerships get more allotment per month so it doesn't take as long in some cases, but we are definitely so tired of waiting.

OP
MadmansVoid
Thread Starter #5
Checked with my dealer today. They didn't have any updates or information to share about this whole process. Just 2 months into my 6-8 month estimate. Hopefully, things stay on track.

jazzyjb

GM, I ordered a 22 white with dune brown leather SX prestige (not nightfall) a week ago. They told me 90 days max... I am starting to worry that they lied to me after reading through these threads. I have heard it depends on dealer and location. Manufacturer is in Georgia, I am in AL but ordered in TN. Will keep you all up to date. I know it mainly depends on when Kia "accepts allocations from the dealer". My dealer stated they accept allocations from them twice a month. I just sent my salesman a question asking where I fall in that que.

jazzyjb

Also, once Kia does accept your allocation (order) , you can message their main website and they will give you a form to fill out and they will see where you vehicle is at within the build process. Hope this helps

Hangfire

GM, I ordered a 22 white with dune brown leather SX prestige (not nightfall) a week ago. They told me 90 days max... I am starting to worry that they lied to me after reading through these threads. I have heard it depends on dealer and location. Manufacturer is in Georgia, I am in AL but ordered in TN. Will keep you all up to date. I know it mainly depends on when Kia "accepts allocations from the dealer". My dealer stated they accept allocations from them twice a month. I just sent my salesman a question asking where I fall in that que.
I hate to say they straight up lied, but I definitely think they may have been a bit optimistic in their prediction.

jazzyjb

I hate to say they straight up lied, but I definitely think they may have been a bit optimistic in their prediction.
yep.. guess we will see! They also said white is received quicker. I am selling my car to Carvana so I hope we arent a one vehicle family for too long.

maxford

Also, once Kia does accept your allocation (order) , you can message their main website and they will give you a form to fill out and they will see where you vehicle is at within the build process. Hope this helps
Where did you get this form you reference?

maxford

I got the following bounceback on my email that the address.

Thank you for contacting Kia Motors America. Your e-mail subject does not contain an existing case number and the proper representative could not be found. Please refer to the REPLY INSTRUCTIONS from our representative’s original e-mail and try contacting us again.

Not sure how to get the form you referenced.

jazzyjb

I got the following bounceback on my email that the address.

Thank you for contacting Kia Motors America. Your e-mail subject does not contain an existing case number and the proper representative could not be found. Please refer to the REPLY INSTRUCTIONS from our representative’s original e-mail and try contacting us again.

Not sure how to get the form you referenced.
Got to Kia.com .. scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Contact Us" under Corporate then message. Ask them you are curious as to where your build is at, they will send you the form which is just filling out everything you ordered on the telluride.

Jaynj123

Hi all, Giving a little feedback on my experience. I am in Northern NJ about 20 min from NYC. There is literally no Telluride SX inventory for 75-100 miles in any direction of me available. It is the most in-demand vehicle in my region and I have been told by a dozen dealers what I am looking for would be sold 10K over sticker MSRP at a minimum if they even get one in. What I wanted was an SX Nightfall edition; Wolf Grey and Dune interior, tow hitch package. Also after many calls, I found that there is only a single Kia Dealer within 100 miles of me who is selling for sticker MSRP. I was told 10-12 months minimum on an order through them. The salesman was a cousin of my wife's coworker so he was giving me the true lowdown but also gave me a website to track inventory coming in with all dealers. https://telly-stats.herokuapp.com/

I put in the parameters of what I was looking for with a certain radius and found dealers getting in that configuration I was looking for. That site tells the Vin #s that were issued to each dealer on a certain date which means they are in transit. You can also view the window (Moroney Sticker) showing the MSRP and the configuration. I initially put a 30 day search and started making calls for about a week with each dealer telling me deposits were already made on the Vin #s I was calling about. I then altered my search within only 7 days. I check on a Tuesday and the site showed the configuration I was looking for ordered the day before to a dealer 40 miles from me. I called right away that AM and spoke to a sales manager told him I saw you have this Telluride coming in here is the Vin and I am will give you $4k over sticker. 20 min later I gave a $1K deposit over the and was told I would have it in less than a month.

OP
MadmansVoid
Thread Starter #15
Checked in with the dealer again yesterday (3 months since placing my order). No updates or additional info for me. 2023 model was introduced this week by Kia. Dealer says that haven't yet received any 2023 packages and pricing information yet. Looks like we'll be getting into a '23! :)

Checked in with the dealer again yesterday (3 months since placing my order). No updates or additional info for me. 2023 model was introduced this week by Kia. Dealer says that haven't yet received any 2023 packages and pricing information yet. Looks like we'll be getting into a '23! :)
Thanks for the update Mad... I just added a link to kiamedia (in my now we wait...) post with pics and videos of the 2023. I also posted some of the pics there. I'm kind of hoping my order turns into a 23. And so we wait some more...lots of folks in this waiting room!!!

jazzyjb

update: was told 90 days originally.. it has been 65 days and my order has not been picked up for manufacturing. My dealer sent me a text stating once they seize 2022 production, my order will turn into a 2023 model if they haven't picked up my order by then. Wouldn't that take me to reordering it considering the new one has updated interior? I am tempted to just go ahead and switch to get ahead of the game, but not sure if that is the smart move. Anyone else heard anything about switching to the 2023?

After reviewing Failcat data the changeover from 2020 to 2021 took place on 6/22/2020. It appears that the changeover from 2021 to 2022 took place around 6/10/2021. So if I was a betting man I would say that if your order is not picked up by 6/15/2022 you have a real solid chance of receiving a 2023!!!

Anybody else have thoughts in this regard?

jazzyjb

After reviewing Failcat data the changeover from 2020 to 2021 took place on 6/22/2020. It appears that the changeover from 2021 to 2022 took place around 6/10/2021. So if I was a betting man I would say that if your order is not picked up by 6/15/2022 you have a real solid chance of receiving a 2023!!!

Anybody else have thoughts in this regard?
smart! I didn't even think to look there. That makes sense, because my dealer replied he said he would thinks if my car doesn't get picked up by June then it will probably flip over to 2023.