Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Override automatic door unlocking with key fob inside

Cbake88

I have the new 2022 Telluride and I need to figure out a way to lock the doors with the key fob still inside. I can't take the keyfob with me in the water when I surf.

I have the new 2022 Telluride and I need to figure out a way to lock the doors with the key fob still inside. I can't take the keyfob with me in the water when I surf.
In other proximity key vehicles I’ve been able to lock the door with the pull out hard key, removed from the fob.

Try an RF shielding bag or box to keep your key in, when you leave the vehicle, so others won’t be able to simply pull on the door.

OP
Cbake88

Cbake88

Thread Starter #3
I was able to figure it out. When I go surf I will need to pop off the cover on the door handle, leave the key fob inside the car and lock the door the old fashion way with the removable valet key.