Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Playing your music collection on the infotainment system?

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
Ya, I literally went around asking everyone at my dealer if someone had a usb stick with music on it to play it with myself. No one has one. Reached out to my Regional trainer as well to ask if it has hard drive. Way it’s sounding Kia did away with it on the Telluride. That’s disappointing. Apologize for getting people’s hopes up.

It doesn't appear that the Telluride has a hardrive. I looked in all the settings and I can't find a way to copy songs from a usb.
Yes, that’s what I was trying to understand manual doesn’t say anything about and nobody has reported that telluride has any such thing. But still I would hope if it had hard drive to store some songs.

I should have read this thread in reverse order lol. Got all excited.

3) Can a playlist be made and played on UVO? how do you navigate to playlist?
Can telluride owners at least respond to this??

I have not been able to find a way to setup a different playlist from usb music. I can sort by artist, song, album and recently added

Not from the UVO system. You can do it on your phone and the system will recognize your playlist

ucinn

Staff Member
They didn't do away with it on the Telluride.. the Stinger also doesn't have it. I think its because of Harmon Kardon. The Infinity system has it...do they use Infinity in any of their cars anymore? If so, we could check them to see if they still have it.

If you are using a USB drive, make sure you use one that is 32gb or smaller. I was trying to use a 128gb and it didn't work.

OP
Kamikaze Torpedoes
Thread Starter #29
Ya, I literally went around asking everyone at my dealer if someone had a usb stick with music on it to play it with myself. No one has one. Reached out to my Regional trainer as well to ask if it has hard drive. Way it’s sounding Kia did away with it on the Telluride. That’s disappointing. Apologize for getting people’s hopes up.
Well that's a bummer

Having a hard drive in place of a CD player would have been great. Kia needs to step up, even my old ML350 had a built in hard drive.

OP
Kamikaze Torpedoes
Thread Starter #31
Wow I'm surprised my original question would generate so many responses. I don't know if a clear answer has been given. I guess I'll just have to investigate once my order comes in. From what I gather I can't save any music to the Telly. and it seems I may be out of luck and will just have to add the music to my work phone which is not the best solution for me. Thanks
Please let me know if anyone is successful at putting music on in the inboard hard drive (It must have one because I thought you could put a screen saver image on your infotainment screen) Hope it's worth the wait and hype or no one will let me live it down with all the SUV research I've done the past 5 months.

I’ll try when my order arrive, specially a playlist. I know how to make it on usb drive, I have used it on my Jeep Cherokee Uconnect system it worked beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ucinn

Staff Member
Having a hard drive in place of a CD player would have been great. Kia needs to step up, even my old ML350 had a built in hard drive.
As I said, my 2016 Sorento has it but it has an Infinity surround system in it. I'm assuming when they went with Harmon Kardon, I guess that wasn't an option.

They didn't do away with it on the Telluride.. the Stinger also doesn't have it. I think its because of Harmon Kardon. The Infinity system has it...do they use Infinity in any of their cars anymore? If so, we could check them to see if they still have it.
All of the following cars that i've owned didn't have it:
2014 Forte UVO
2013 Optima Infinity
2015 Cadenza
2018 Stinger
2020 Telluride

So it's not limited to just HK vs Infinity. I think that may have been a vehicle model specific deal.

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
Allllllllrighty.... so bought a usb stick.. put some music on it and went to town for the last 1.5 hours.. here is what I found. Absolutely correct not available on Stinger or Telluride. It is however hit and miss from there. It is on Forte, Rio, Soul, Optima’s, Sorento between 2015-2018... i didn’t try every car but is also on 2019 Soul.. not necessary just trying on upgraded sound system models for example works on base Soul’s. Was thinking an mentioned earlier must be when they crossed over to HK sound system. Got in a 2017 Cadenza with HK(Harmon and Kardon) and it worked on that.. so then tried other models like 19 Optima and Sportage and didn’t work. So looks like it went or started to go away in 2019 models even though available on 19 Soul.

There is another forum with a Kia Product Relations Person(works for Corporate Kia with product engineering) I asked him if they plan on bringing that back for the Telluride and Stinger.. I will post his response.

I rarely tried/played with this because most people are using Apple car play and android auto for music so I talk about the download system maybe once a year.

So hopes this clarifies about the system and sorry to OP for the rabbit trail we have went on..

OP
Kamikaze Torpedoes
Thread Starter #37
Allllllllrighty.... so bought a usb stick.. put some music on it and went to town for the last 1.5 hours.. here is what I found. Absolutely correct not available on Stinger or Telluride. It is however hit and miss from there. It is on Forte, Rio, Soul, Optima’s, Sorento between 2015-2018... i didn’t try every car but is also on 2019 Soul.. not necessary just trying on upgraded sound system models for example works on base Soul’s. Was thinking an mentioned earlier must be when they crossed over to HK sound system. Got in a 2017 Cadenza with HK(Harmon and Kardon) and it worked on that.. so then tried other models like 19 Optima and Sportage and didn’t work. So looks like it went or started to go away in 2019 models even though available on 19 Soul.

There is another forum with a Kia Product Relations Person(works for Corporate Kia with product engineering) I asked him if they plan on bringing that back for the Telluride and Stinger.. I will post his response.

I rarely tried/played with this because most people are using Apple car play and android auto for music so I talk about the download system maybe once a year.

So hopes this clarifies about the system and sorry to OP for the rabbit trail we have went on..

No problem thanks for all the effort.
To bad your dealership isn't located in NC. To add another question. Even though you can't download music to the Telluride could you at least play it off the flash drive?

StephenCantrelle

KIA Dealer
No problem thanks for all the effort.
To bad your dealership isn't located in NC. To add another question. Even though you can't download music to the Telluride could you at least play it off the flash drive?
Yes and clarity seems to be improved off the usb