Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Radio Apple Carplay issues

NFin

We have a new 2022 Telluride EX Premium. Our radio will not stay on if we select Apple Carplay. As soon as carplay starts, the audio switches to whatever is in iPhone music queue. We’ve repeatedly tried turning the iPhone music off and going back to car’s Radio. Again, as soon as Carplay re-initiated, the radio audio stops. This is extremely frustrating. the entire infotainment layout is clunky and lacks options.
Do others have this issue? Any fixes?? TIA.

Try doing the hard reset to see if that helps. Small recessed button to the right of volume knob, press with the tip of a pen for 5 seconds.

Most issues can be resolved with a reboot. I was messing with a wireless CarPlay adapter yesterday and found that my system didn’t like my ideas, so it froze and disconnected a few times. The hard reset fixed everything.

While our system may have bugs, it’s miles ahead of the crappy system in the 2021 Outback I just traded in. Also better than the Jeep system I had, where it would start pressing its own buttons at random.