Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

• Rebadge

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • Debadge

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Leave it Stock

Votes: 24 27.0%

• Total voters
Are these rebadges "official"? i.e. Could I bring them to the dealer and make them install them as part of a Telluride purchase? I'm not very handy, and would hate to screw the rebadging up!!

The owner of my dealership was very excited that I had made the swap. If you have a decent dealer ship and don’t mind buying a hour of labor I’m sure they’d do it. It really is easy though

Drose49

Two tabs behind the logo. Stick finger behind them and pull. I’ll pm you the video. To large to load here.
Can you send me a copy of the front emblem removal. Can’t seem to feel what it is I need to remove.

Silly question but is the K badge and official Kia badge in another country?
Kia’s International Logo Design Vs. Kia’s Korean Logo

Kia, the oldest automaker in Korea, began in June 1944 as a manufacturer of bicycle components. Chul-Ho Kim, who founded the company, had a specific name in mind for the company. According to the automaker, the name “Kia” is a combination of “ki” (起) meaning arise or come up out of and “A” (亞), signifying Asia. Thus, Kia (起亞) can be defined as “rising out of Asia.”

Kia has two logos: the text-based symbol for international use and another for only South Korea. The latter is known as the “K” logo:
Kia K Logo Korean

This logo has been used over the years for some models sold in Korea, but it’s made very few appearances outside of Asia. The stylized “K” is undeniably appealing, especially its use of the diagonal double-line and lack of a vertical backbone. It’s slick and kinetic, and suggests high-excitement driving

This logo even inspired an after-market imitation badge (known as the 3.0 K emblem) some Kia owners purchase to replace their text-based Kia badge with–although plenty of debate has surrounded this badge’s legitimacy.

Don’t be afraid to be tough with it. The key is to remove both the black and chrome oval together.

Drose49

Don’t be afraid to be tough with it. The key is to remove both the black and chrome oval together.
Got it done, Thanks for your input. I used a grinder to remove the 4 posts on the Kia logo and it fell right out. Glad I didn't try to pry it to break the pins. Removing the whole piece made it much easier.

Rznhales

Has anyone done the steering wheel? I’ve done front and rear but not the wheel. Not sure how it comes off

Rznhales

Mine was an overlay and I was somewhat disappointed in the actual fit.
I bought the kit from the k5optima store and I think it’s a replacement not an overlay but unsure how to remove without gouging the wheel

Drose49

It is actually a layover on the wheels and the steering wheel. I got mine from k5optima as well. If you look at some of the posts on rebadging there are links for removing the front and rear badges.

Drose49

Drose49

JDoggery

Wow, these look good. Thanks for sharing the pics. How is the quality of the overlay vs the replacement?

Also, any video of the rear removal?

Wow, these look good. Thanks for sharing the pics. How is the quality of the overlay vs the replacement?

Also, any video of the rear removal?
The rear Kia badge just needs heated with a hair dryer and pulled off. It will come off pretty easy.

gmneil

ordered my badges now I just have to hope I get the vehicle sometime in the near future lol.