Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Starting/Stalling Issues

We purchased our 2021 Telluride S brand new with only 2 miles on it. Before reaching 100 miles, our problems began. We would get in the vehicle, push the start button and nothing would happen. The vehicle would not start, the dash and all the service lights began flickering and making a clicking sound. The info system display would continually reset. This does happen intermittingly, so it is difficult for the service techs to recreate. We have done all the basics, replaced the fob batteries, replaced the vehicle battery and checked all connections. We are now around 10k miles and it continues. We have our second service scheduled to investigate the situation. From what I understand, after the third service investigation and it can't be fixed, our vehicle would fit the Lemon Law for the State of Ohio. It's sad, because it is a beautiful car and rides very nice, but the anxiety and frustration it is causing is unbearable. May I also add, while at idle, such as sitting at a traffic light, the vehicle will stall and not start again. It typically takes over 10 tries before the vehicle starts.

Papa Bear

I know you replaced the battery but it sure looks like that's at least part of the problem. Bad batteries have been a common problem. I suggest you make them have the battery load tested and the charging system thoroughly tested. How often do you drive the car?

beaeto1

Sounds like alternator issue. Here's what alternators do: An alternator is a maintenance-free unit. In some cars, it can last for up to 10-15 years without any repairs. If an alternator fails, the car may still run for a short time on battery power. However, the engine will stall as soon as the battery charge is depleted. Thanks.