Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Steering Wheel

Has anyone else had issues with their steering wheels sounding like it needs wd-40? I just bought my S last month and now when I turn my steering wheel it makes rubbing sound aka like it needs wd-40!

Does it do it both ways or just one direction? I haven't had any issues with mine. (knock on wood)

OP
Micaluvsnick
Thread Starter #3
It does it both ways. It just started out of no where.

Does it sound like its squeaking inside the cabin or more of a mechanical squeak like low fluids?

OP
Micaluvsnick
Thread Starter #5
Does it sound like its squeaking inside the cabin or more of a mechanical squeak like low fluids?
Like a squeaking sound inside the cabin. Just started out of no where.

Has anyone else had issues with their steering wheels sounding like it needs wd-40? I just bought my S last month and now when I turn my steering wheel it makes rubbing sound aka like it needs wd-40!
Remember WD-40 is not a lubricant ;). You need to get some grease or silicone lubricants so that it'll last.

OP
Micaluvsnick
Thread Starter #9
Remember WD-40 is not a lubricant ;). You need to get some grease or silicone lubricants so that it'll last.
I seriously was thinking of just spraying some wd-40 in it!..haha! Thank you for steering in the right path! 😆