Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Telluride Ordered not the one being delivered after 12 month wait

momomo123

Placed order for SX AWD Nightfall & Prestige with towing option on July 27 2021. Yesterday called dealer to ask for status as we had past the 12 month timeline and was told AUG 21 delivery but would not have towing or nightfall options, all other options are correct to what we ordered. Wife and i were very upset and are having a hard time to accept as Nightfall option was something we specifically wanted. Salesmen is telling me that its what they were allotted and that KIA does not have the parts(i find that hard to believe) anymore which looking at scheduled deliveries is not true as our options are very popular and being delivered daily. Just got of the phone with them asking for them to do something and was told that the dealer GM would call. Is there anything i can do??? Heartbreaking after a 12month wait.

Sounds more like your dealer screwed up.

I’d suggest talking to another dealer.

That sucks. You can try and find another like you want, but depending on what you are playing, may not be worth it. You can always see if they would take something off and then get the trim wrapped or do it yourself. The tow option is not one I wanted or have, but throughout the forums people seem to have found aftermarket options they still enjoy. You wont have the self leveling suspension. Unfortunately, they also know if you do not want it, they can mark it up and sell it that day. Its a tough call. If the towing isnt a make or break, i say buy it, get the nightfall look done aftermarket and you'll have almost all you want except for the nightfall rims.

I wonder how fast things would change if they started getting sued for specific performance!! In a court of equity, I find it very hard to believe they deserve any equity taking peoples deposits for something they knew they can't build!

I wonder how fast things would change if they started getting sued for specific performance!! In a court of equity, I find it very hard to believe they deserve any equity taking peoples deposits for something they knew they can't build!

I ordered in Aug ‘21, order was picked up Oct ‘21, and was just told my car was coming Oct 21, 2022! I looked up the VIN they gave me and it does not have several of the options I wanted, like interior lighting and scuff plate lights. I ordered at a local dealer that only gets 4 or so cars a month (I found this out through this forum). I think Kia ran out of the chips or supplies for these and went ahead without them just to get the car made. I will take it but I am ordering a ‘23 as soon as my number comes up at a dealer with a large monthly allotment. I will sell it when new one comes in with what I want.

I ordered in Aug ‘21, order was picked up Oct ‘21, and was just told my car was coming Oct 21, 2022! I looked up the VIN they gave me and it does not have several of the options I wanted, like interior lighting and scuff plate lights. I ordered at a local dealer that only gets 4 or so cars a month (I found this out through this forum). I think Kia ran out of the chips or supplies for these and went ahead without them just to get the car made. I will take it but I am ordering a ‘23 as soon as my number comes up at a dealer with a large monthly allotment. I will sell it when new one comes in with what I want.
Please enlighten me on the allocation you are speaking about that you learned from this group. This is the 2nd time I've heard this. We are still sitting here not knowing what to do. My dealer is either trying to steal our car to resell over msrp or just not understanding what the process is. They are telling us that they cannot order us a 2023 yet & our 2022 order is not getting picked up by the manufacturer. If I read between the lines we are going to the back of the line.

This is my understanding of their process: that some dealers get a bunch of orders, some less, and Kia doles out cars somewhat based on this. My local dealer was getting about 4 cars a month as I counted the VIN’s listed on the faircat.com website. I looked up several other dealers by their dealership number , and saw their number of cars monthly over the past year. I found some getting 30 to 50 cars per month compared to mine at only 4. That made it more clear why it took so long for my car to reach the production line. I also think that the options affect the wait time. I used the scraper web tool to look at the window sticker of the cars coming out. I saw very few with the lighting options I ordered and my car was finally listed (notified from my dealer) and the window sticker for my VIN did not have those options I ordered. That is my experience. I hope that can help with your understanding and how to research for yourself.,