Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Thule Cross Bar Installed

cromusz

I really like the look of the thule wingbar. I'll probably end up going with that if I do get the crossbars.

OP
J
Thread Starter #44
I really like the look of the thule wingbar. I'll probably end up going with that if I do get the crossbars.
Not only does it look better, but it also gives you about 6”-12” of extra width (or even more depending on the size of the crossbar you get) to carry more loads compared to the other type.

jgooold1

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
OP
J
Thread Starter #47
Sedona fit kit works too. Also cheaper.

Looks like Thule changed the Fit Kit number from Kit 4113 to Kit 184113, anyway I wonder what the difference is between the Sedona vs Palisade vs Telluride Fit Kit.

The generic picture on their site is exactly the same.

jgooold1

I'm not sure if the first two numbers matter for the fitkit. When you scroll down on the thule site for 184113 it still shows model number 4113 fit only for the Telluride. I'll see if it works and if not return and order the Sedona kit. Loving the telluride so far

OP
J
Thread Starter #49
I'm not sure if the first two numbers matter for the fitkit. When you scroll down on the thule site for 184113 it still shows model number 4113 fit only for the Telluride. I'll see if it works and if not return and order the Sedona kit. Loving the telluride so far
The 4113/184113 are the same. It looks like they just changed the number recently. In either case it is specifically designated for the Telluride so you shouldn’t have any problems.

One thing to remember when installing the system is that the spacing between rail is wider at the front then the rear. As a result, the location of the foot on the front and rear bar will be different. Don’t be surprised by that as I was.

OP
J
Thread Starter #53

jgooold1

F166973A-ABAF-4249-8174-9BE176512794.jpeg Here are the evo150 (60”) cross bars for reference. I went with the bigger size so I could fit a ski rack and skinny roof rack on the bars at the same time. The bars just barely fit in the back. The channel where the fit kit connects to the crossbar bar only has so much room and they are maxed out but they do fit.

OP
J
Thread Starter #55
Here are the evo150 (60”) cross bars for reference. I went with the bigger size so I could fit a ski rack and skinny roof rack on the bars at the same time. The bars just barely fit in the back. The channel where the fit kit connects to the crossbar bar only has so much room and they are maxed out but they do fit.

60" is not as wide as I had thought! It looks good! Here is a side by side comparison. 53" on the left and 60" on the right.

1590535275269.png

southcove

60" is not as wide as I had thought! It looks good! Here is a side by side comparison. 53" on the left and 60" on the right.

View attachment 2468
the Classic square bar look from Thule did not fit for me... there may be a different dimensional cut or relief on that style bar than the aero (?) style bar shown here. I ran the bars back to the store, swapped them for a new set of the same width and ran into the same issue... no fit. I have that set now and thinking I might drill and then clean up the opening by 1/4" or so on each side (front and back) to get the longer length I want. I had the 53" bars so had them to compare side by side.

OP
J
Thread Starter #57
the Classic square bar look from Thule did not fit for me... there may be a different dimensional cut or relief on that style bar than the aero (?) style bar shown here. I ran the bars back to the store, swapped them for a new set of the same width and ran into the same issue... no fit. I have that set now and thinking I might drill and then clean up the opening by 1/4" or so on each side (front and back) to get the longer length I want. I had the 53" bars so had them to compare side by side.
Not sure I understand what you are saying. Did you end up getting a longer square bar? Why would you need to "drill and clean up the opening to get the longer length" you want? Doesn't the Thule 460R Podium Foot Pack accommodate any of their bar system and lengths without you having to drill and cup and opening?

Tbellz24

Here are the fully installed pictures. The rear bar looks a little further up, but it is spaced so that a Yakima SkyBox 18 cargo case will clear the hatch when mounted on the cross bar.

View attachment 2040

View attachment 2041

View attachment 2042
View attachment 2043

View attachment 2045
View attachment 2046

Lastly, here is the clearance between the Sunroof and the Bar. It's between 1"-2" clearance.

View attachment 2047
Where did you find the bug/stone deflector? My rep said weather tech doesn't show them yet.

southcove

Not sure I understand what you are saying. Did you end up getting a longer square bar? Why would you need to "drill and clean up the opening to get the longer length" you want? Doesn't the Thule 460R Podium Foot Pack accommodate any of their bar system and lengths without you having to drill and cup and opening?
the longer bar, simply is too short on the underside cutouts where the foot kit fits... I don't have a way to post a pic right now but the black square bar...in the longer length does not fit front or rear...too short by about 1/4" on each side. Square Bar Evo 150 is does not fit without opening up the slot underneath and the EVO 135 length fits just fine, (but is really too short for my needs of two kayaks or two canoes, etc)....