Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Tow Package with Self-Leveling Suspension - Available on LX and S trims?

Joecoolaug

Hello,
I'm wondering - does anyone know if the full tow package (including self-leveling suspension and the pre-wiring and the hitch) is available as an option on LX and S trims? I see that it comes standard on some of the other (more expensive) trims, but I don't really care for the upgrades on the higher-end trims. So if I can get the full tow package on the lower trims, that would be ideal. However, I can't find it as an option on Kia's website, and I've been searching the web for days without an answer. I've contacted dealers but can't get a straight answer either, just the run-around sales pitches and I don't feel like going to a dealer and sitting through a day-long sales pitch just to find the answer to this simple question.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Bill23

As far as I have been able to determine, the tow package is not currently available for any trim style for the 2023 Telluride. Apparently there was a recall issue with the 2022 wiring harness that hasn't been resolved for the 2023 model yet, so Kia is not installing hitches or wiring harnesses on any versions. I have not been able to find any information on expected availability. I signed up for this forum just to get info about this issue, but apparently no one has any good information, including the dealers. I would assume that once available, the tow package will be available for all trims, since the specs list 5,000 pound towing capacity for each trim level. Very disappointing to say the least. I am waiting to order a Telluride until towing package is available, as the after market options don't look that appealing to me (hang below bumper instead of integrated with bumper).

Bill23

I gave up waiting for Kia to have a Tow Package available for the Telluride which includes a hitch and wiring harness. I went ahead and purchased a Nissan Pathfinder today, which isn't as roomy, but has a better towing capability of 6,000 lbs (assuming you could actually tow with a Telluride). Cost seems to be comparable, though the warranty isn't as good for the Pathfinder. Good luck.