Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Turn Signal Indicator LED Conversion

Finally got around to replacing the incandescent bulb with a yellow LED bulb on my EX. Now it crisply blinks like a proper LED light bulb should, instead of pulsing on and off. You have to use a 1157 CANBUS bulb, otherwise you will get an error. Wish I can show the video..

Anywho, the only remaining incandescent bulb left is the back up light. Looking at it closer I don't know if removing the back panel will expose the light module. It almost look like I have to do something with a tab looking thing and then maybe it'll slide out. Wish I had a service manual! Anyone replace their backup light with LED.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Finally got around to replacing the incandescent bulb with a yellow LED bulb on my EX. Now it crisply blinks like a proper LED light bulb should, instead of pulsing on and off. You have to use a 1157 CANBUS bulb, otherwise you will get an error. Wish I can show the video..

Anywho, the only remaining incandescent bulb left is the back up light. Looking at it closer I don't know if removing the back panel will expose the light module. It almost look like I have a do something with a tab looking thing and then maybe it'll slide out. Wish I had a service manual! Anyone replace their backup light with LED.
The back up light housing does not slide out. According the the manual there are 3 screws holding it in place. You'll either have to take the interior panel off to see or take the front panel off to take the screws off.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
The back up light housing does not slide out. According the the manual there are 3 screws holding it in place. You'll either have to take the interior panel off to see or take the front panel off to take the screws off.
Yeah I saw that. The position of the bulb and where the panel begins doesn't seem to line up. May be the front panel is the way to go...

bmonaco

Nice! Got a link to the bulbs you used? Looking to do the same thing.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
How are the bulbs holding up? Based on the reviews it's a hit or miss depending on the vehicle. Some say they fail after a few weeks or while the headlights are on.

OP
J
Thread Starter #9
How are the bulbs holding up? Based on the reviews it's a hit or miss depending on the vehicle. Some say they fail after a few weeks or while the headlights are on.
So far so good. I originally tried a non-resistor type and I got a error and it hyper-flashed. I could only find 2 1157 with resisters builtin, so not many choices. Out of the two, this one had more reviews.

bmonaco

Yup, same here. So far so good. Been about 3 weeks since I installed them.

Minotz

Are the same bulbs used for the front and rear turn signals? I see in the owners manual it says 28/8W LL for the rear turn signals but I can’t seem to find those. Thanks

OP
J
Thread Starter #13
Still working.

ElCangriz

Anywho, the only remaining incandescent bulb left is the back up light. Looking at it closer I don't know if removing the back panel will expose the light module. It almost look like I have to do something with a tab looking thing and then maybe it'll slide out. Wish I had a service manual! Anyone replace their backup light with LED.
Hey there I see it's about to be almost a year since you swapped out the LED's how are they holding up? any issues? Thanks for your help btw :)