Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Wireless Carplay?! Are we in 2022!?

mason

Ok so I'm overly excited to get my '22 Telly Wolf Gray Nightfall w/dune brown interior. I already have tux mats waiting and the canadian trunk cargo mat in my garage waiting for the car. My last "hopeful" pre-buy was looking into HOW DO YOU MAKE THE WIRED CARPLAY WIRELESS.... THERE HAS TO BE AN ANSWER! I saw this and wondering if anyone else had tried this and their experiences?

https://www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/...ezWL1gFxyITD7zylyNQ3GmUkG1JsxVHUcUQ40&irgwc=1

Super appreciative of anyone that can shed some light on best route for wireless if thi is it or if there is another to look at. I know this is european link but im sure i could find like for US if the best device to suit.

Thanks!

A few things….

Below is the same unit at Amazon. Click the instant coupon and it’s $85

While I haven’t used this one, I have used the CarPlay2Air unit. I believe they could be the same as the IP address for OTA firmware updates is the same (but maybe I’m not understanding how that works)

My unit has a few things I don’t care for:

- lag! It isn’t nearly as responsive as the Kia touchscreen (but even with the wireless adapter it’s quicker than the crappy touchscreen in my last Subaru)

- sometimes it freezes up or disconnects and you need to unplug the adapter and plug it back in to reset

- random failure to connect, as in a “connecting” loop

- I use Waze frequently and notice that it doesn’t keep my preferred “dark mode” setting when using the wireless adapter. Sometimes I can force dark mode if I either enter the destination before it connects to the vehicle or if I unplug & plug back in

For the price it’s probably worth giving it a shot if you really want this feature, especially with easy Amazon returns, but I don’t use mine anymore as the standard system just works so much better. All of these things are Made in China, so don’t expect OEM performance.

Hoppy

CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter USB for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars (Model Year: 2019 to 2020), Wireless CarPlay Dongle Convert Wired to Wireless CarPlay… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P1GWQD...abc_9ZSJK1H8YCK6MQRSRYR6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

playared

I bought the CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter USB from Amazon. Worked well for two weeks and went to a mode of phone of responding. Tried all sorts of things - no change. Tried calling CarlinKit - no help as I could never get to anyone.
Returned to Amazon.