Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2020 KIA Telluride Remote Start Kit

Anyone installed this yet? https://accessorides.com/products/2020-kia-telluride-remote-start-kit-push-start-only

2020 Kia Telluride Remote Start Kit

Install is simple and comes with easy to follow instructions. Note: This kit is NOT plug and play you will have to locate, test, and make connections to the necessary wires. We do not recommend this kit to consumers that are not comfortable finding and tapping into wires.
  • Complete Kit comes with ALL parts necessary
  • Simple programming no dealer visit necessary.
  • Easy to follow intructions
  • Printed installation instructions included.

Compatibility Requirements
  • 2020 Kia Telluride
  • 10th letter of your VIN # must be an L
  • Will not work on key start models
  • Must be PUSH START ignition.
  • Vehicle must have power locks / keyless entry
  • Automatic transmission only.
  • US made vehicles only will not work on Canadian models

Purchase Upgrade Options Explained - Select Above
  • OEM Remote 3x Lock = No remotes included start by pressing lock 3 times on your current remote.
  • 1-Way 1000ft = Comes with (2) 1-Button remote fobs for up to 1200ft range + 3x lock from the OEM remote.
  • 2-Way 3000ft = Comes with (1) 1-Button 2-way remote fob and (1) 1-Button 1-Way remote fob for up to 3000ft range + 3x lock from the OEM remote.

NOTE: Remotes shown are for reference only. Remotes change style from time to time the remotes you receive may not match the picture exactly!

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
LOL. Easy to follow instructions but they tell you that you have to find the correct wires.......

LOL. Easy to follow instructions but they tell you that you have to find the correct wires.......
Ironically in the first sentence "Install is simple and comes with easy to follow instructions" lol

What do you think will happen to your vehicle warranty if there's a problem with the main computer that this is connected to?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

KiaFan

Staff Member
What do you think will happen to your vehicle warranty if there's a problem with the main computer that this is connected to?

You would just remove everything and don't tell the dealer ;)

You would just remove everything and don't tell the dealer ;)
The taps you make into the wires will still be there and or wires may be cut. And you have to remember when the vehicle doesn't start or any other oddity happens to remove the equipment before you have it towed into the dealer.

Years ago my dad's car had an intermittent no start. Several mechanics attempted to fix it but never could. I eventually worked on it and found someone had installed an alarm system (with engine disabled) long ago unbeknownst to him as he purchased it used. Once I removed that, all his problems went away.

ucinn

Staff Member

Nothing, they would have to prove that the remote start was the cause of the ECU going out... and good luck with that.

Nothing, they would have to prove that the remote start was the cause of the ECU going out... and good luck with that.
You must work for the company that sells these.

The dealer is going to say the cause was your device. You need to pay us this amount of money if you want your vehicle back. Explain how they will have to prove it? The reality is the burden will be on you.

I guess, you could pay the money, get your car back, hire a lawyer and some experts (that would need to install this on other vehicles and test) to prove the cause was not from this device and take them to court. Otherwise a layman has no stance in a court regarding expertise or knowledge of this device versus their computer system and their mechanics that have been trained by the factory.

The dealer is going to say the cause was your device. You need to pay us this amount of money if you want your vehicle back. Explain how they will have to prove it? The reality is the burden will be on you.

I guess, you could pay the money, get your car back, hire a lawyer and some experts (that would need to install this on other vehicles and test) to prove the cause was not from this device and take them to court. Otherwise a layman has no stance in a court regarding expertise or knowledge of this device versus their computer system and their mechanics that have been trained by the factory.

The burden is actually on the dealer to prove that you've caused the problem. There are laws protecting consumers against dealers/manufacturers arbitrarily rejecting warranty. These days you can tap into the fuse box without splicing any wires.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member

https://www.google.com/search?q=Magnuson-Moss+Act+and+Aftermarket+Parts

Hey guys! The install really isn't too bad but we typically specialize in "plug and play" so most of our kits you're looking at a 15 minute install. The Telluride kit isn't plug and play at all unfortunately you have to connect the wires manually. We recommend soldering any cut wires whenever possible or military splice (poke and wrap) for tapping in. Both methods when done right would provide a trouble free install for the life of the vehicle. As with any wiring mod if you follow the directions and connect to the correct wires you will have no issues, if you don't and connect to the wrong wires - you could damage your vehicle quite easily. The instructions include color pictures and locations of every wire you need to connect to. Start to finish it would take our guys in house a little over an hour including disassembly and reassembly. For a mechanic or DIY taking your time and triple checking everything I would give yourself a few hours. Again if you are familiar with wiring and confident in making connections the install really is pretty "simple". If it's your first time doing anything with wiring, you could get yourself in over your head quite easily. Hope that helps if you guys have any questions let us know!

If you own a telluride you donot have to install aftermarket remote start, all model telluride comes with remote start thru the Kia access app free for a year

ERNYSAN

Staff Member
If you own a telluride you donot have to install aftermarket remote start, all model telluride comes with remote start thru the Kia access app free for a year
aftermarket unit needed unless you want to pay UVO service after one "courtesy" year which I am not willing to pay

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I understand and I want pay for it after my free year is up
Most people including myself prefer a key fob version as it's quicker and more reliable. The app for me takes way too long and 75% of the time doesn't work.