Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Adding a front camera/sensor for parking

So I am going to be moving to England where the cars and parking spots are designed for teeny tiny little cars but I love my telluride so much I want to take it with me. That being said, I want some peace of mind when trying to park. My telluride has a rear camera with proximity sensors and I was curious if it would be possible to get the same installed in the front of the car. I was digging through a few OEM parts sites and found this wiring diagram. I am curious, does my telluride have any of these parts already installed so that I would not need to buy all of them to achieve this, and even if I did buy the parts, would it work if that is not the way the car came configured? I have a 2021 Telluride S.

Link to OEM camera and proximity sensor(same as included image): https://www.kia.parts/v-2021-kia-telluride--sx--3-8l-v6-gas/electrical--parking-aid

Now if the above solution would be unlikely to work or prohibitively expensive, I would still like to try with aftermarket parts without losing a clean appearance. So I saw a similar post on this forum where he said he used a camera/rear-view mirror replacement but the poster was complaining about a blue tint, so I found a very similar product that does not have a blue tint and would not be a clip-on mirror attachment like most available on amazon. It is intended for rear view but I would simply mount it to the front of the car. I would prefer to have the native Telluride front camera experience if possible and not have an ugly third party camera mounted with an ugly mirror, but if it protects my car I may be willing to sacrifice appearance.

Link to Amazon camera and mirror: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K9N11V4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Does anyone have a similar story or know about this wiring harness and if it would work if I just plugged in the new camera and proximity sensor? Would I need to go into engineering/dealer mode to enable the camera? I am relatively new to auto modifications so I am sorry if I am missing anything important. Thank you!

1705563453239.png