Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

All Known 2020 Kia Telluride Issues and Complaints

My 2020 does the same thing and has done it ever since I got it! It does start working correctly usually once it’s been driven for close to an hour. It takes me that long to get to any dealership so they always told me they couldn’t replicate my issue. I paid for a rental to leave it there overnight so they finally admit it’s a problem but they don’t know what to do to fix it. So many people on here have the issue but Kia says it’s not an issue they’re aware of even though so many people are saying they are reporting it to them. Everyone keeps saying they had heater cores, water pump, thermostats, etc. replaced and the coolant system burped but none of those fixed it. One person a year ago said that their dealer finally fixed there’s because Kia came ouEveryone keeps saying they had heater cores, water pump, thermostats, etc. replaced and the coolant system burped but none of those fixed it. One person a year ago said that their dealer finally fixed there’s because Kia engineers developed a special bleed procedure to get all the air out but I can’t find anything else about that and Kia just says I’m crazy and it doesn’t exist.
That is what they said was wrong with ours. Worked for a couple days and now it’s back to cold again

Kilgalli

Anyone else having issues with there speakers? Mine seems to make this static squeak noise every now and then. Super annoying.
Not sure if you ever got this resolved. My speaker made static and buzz noises. I replicated problem by picking a hip hop station and pushing the bass up. I think my car had a busted speaker when we bought it. After showing the dealership the issue three times they replaced it.

Msheriff

2020 S model, Almost 21,000 miles and we love this ride. My wife's cousin just purchased a 2021 simply due to riding in ours during a visit and then comparing.
Having issue with not constant, but often annoying rattle in front dash area. Very obvious to others when on bluetooth phone. When driving it sounds as it comes from pass dashboard area, when riding as passenger it appears to be coming from drivers side dashboard.
Any ideas? Have not contacted dealer yet.

BlueJay

I have a small issue when I’m coasting to a stop. Let’s say I’m going about 60 kph (sorry kilometers is the official nonsense in Canada) and seeing a red light far up ahead, I take my foot off the gas pedal, it coasts smoothly along slowing down gradually in a natural way, then when I hit 40 kph the vehicle slows down to 35 kph relatively suddenly as if someone was lightly applying some brakes. From 35 kph it slows down nice and naturally again till it hits another quick slow down somewhere are 15 kph (approximately). At first I thought maybe that’s just the way AWD works and somehow as the transmission is gearing down the changes are very noticeable compared to my Ford without AWD which just decelerates at a very steady even rate all the way to a full stop if allowed to. I was wondering if this is something you have noticed yourself when driving the Telluride? If this is natural I could probably learn to live with it but I am concerned that maybe it’s a problem and if I ignore it it might cause a bigger problem.
Wholy cow...this jumped right out at me....how is metric system "nonsense"?? Its only the global standard that the States didn't adopt soooo???
Hope your problem was resolved though!

CObound

Well I finally got my first issue with my 2020 S / 18k miles - went to open my sunroof and heard a loud pop - looked up and saw that the wind deflector arm was broken and that the window refused to open. Lucky for me I was still able to get it closed......Off to the dealer...............

1st poster here so excuse the very apparent frustration:
2020 Telluride SX Prestige with tow package custom ordered from the dealer. Vehicle was ordered in September of 2019 and was delivered in February of 2020. Vehicle was taken to the dealership for the initial maintenance but since the dealership is quite a distance from my home I was told by the staff that as long as it is maintained according to the specs it didnt matter where we took it. We began to use the same organization that we have used for 20+ years for our oil changes, maintenance and tires. At 15K miles the rear end had to be aligned, I though that this was strange but had it done. At 46K miles I replaced the tires. We purchased top end A/T Toyo tires rated for SUV's. Soon after it was noticed to have a significant bounce in the rear end. Dealership was not accommodating at all. Was told maintenance work is out over a month and it would be a $189 charge for diagnostic if it is found to not be a warranty issue (this is ludicrous if the car is under warranty), and that if I wanted to I could take it to our normal mechanic and get an evaluation if they could get us in sooner. This is the route we went. Since our mechanic had just replaced our tires they were asked to assess the suspension. Our mechanic came back with an almost $7k estimate for suspension issues. Called the dealer made an appt and in he went. The dealer first started off by calling us and saying there was nothing wrong with the suspension at all and it was the type of tire we used. My husband asked them to drive the car since there is now a noise. The dealership told us that this "noise" was not told to them when we dropped it off so it was apparent that they hadnt even driven the car. Now they agree there is an issue but it is only $300 and they insist that the issue is with the "truck" tires we bought and that it may happen again and since it would be due to the tires warranty wont cover... I am at a loss. KIA customer service was less than ideal, they care not that this is our family vehicle and that we will be without it for repairs or that we will have to now make multiple trips 45 minutes each way to pick up and drop off when they have the parts available to finally fix it. Will be trading this car in very soon.

Ray G

We have the same
That is what they said was wrong with ours. Worked for a couple days and now it’s back to cold again
problem with our 21 Telluride . Blows cold air when very cold out, when slowing down or coming to a stop. Very frustrating working with KIA customer service and service department at dealership. Explained to them about when temperature outside is very cold, below zero, heater starts blowing cold air when slowing down or stopping. They did what we thought was a full diagnostic on it and found no problem. We talked to customer service and they said service told them that they were unable to complete diagnostic because we needed our car and wouldn’t leave it long enough for them to finish, total lie. So back to service we went. Told us they were unable to replicate problem. Go figure, it’s 60 degree out. They said to bring it back when we are experiencing the problem again. We live in Montana, so we are to take the chance of driving in our remote area in freezing temperatures with no heat? With other people having this problem, they should have a better solution.

Ttredway

I have a 2020 Kia Telluride. Bought it brand new in 2020. My high beams quit working about a month ago and then a few weeks later, I was driving, and every light in my dash started blinking, telling me to check this and check that my speedometer quit working as well. It is at a dealership service department but they are acting like some of the wires are corroded and they changed something but It’s still not right. They are acting like there is water damage under the dash. Has anyone had this issue with all the service lights coming on at once?

Dz1

The Transmission issue when off gas, slowing down is the GEAR RATIOS. They are not equally staggered gears 1,2,3 are short gears 4 has a gap , so when you go from 25 mph to 20mph , it releases 4 and goes to 3 or 2 , and that is the pull or deceleration that tugs . Manually shift up when moving and compare what RPM the shift drops, like 3k rpm goes to 2k rpm, but on 3 or 4 the drop becomes larger . I believe these 8 speeds are a beefed up version of the 1980's Mitsubishi Colt transmission but made full automatic, They were 4 spd with a 2 speed Ratio box manual, These are made for 300hp and not 91 like the colt, BUT the gear ratios stagger exactly the same if you were to toggle ratios and the 4spd .

Cel

I have a 2020 Telluride, which I purchased in 2019. I've been having some issues with the car not wanting to start. Also, when sitting at a stop light and the vehicle is at idle, it completely shuts off and I have to restart it (Intermittent problems). I took my Telluride to the dealer and they replaced the batter, they could not replicate the problem with the vehicle shutting off. After replacing the battery, I'm still having the same problem! The car doesn't want to start and it's still shutting down at idle. I returned the Vehicle to the dealer for further diagnostics and they were not able to diagnose the issue. Has anyone been experiencing an intermittent starting issue and shutting down when at idle? If so were you able to find the root cause of the malfunction?