Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Always On Fog Light Module

Hi, does anyone know if there is a module available for the Telluride (or if there is one for another Kia that would work) that allows the fog lights to stay on at all times (even during the day when only the DRLs are on)?

For example I bought this for my other vehicle to accomplish this: https://www.diodedynamics.com/always-ontm-module-for-infiniti-q50-usdm.html

I'm sure someone with electrical knowledge could do this, but that isn't me!

Thanks!

A lot of states it is illegal to run with your fog lights on unless they are needed. Oregon for example, you will get at ticket for using your fog lights unless you need them.

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
A lot of states it is illegal to run with your fog lights on unless they are needed. Oregon for example, you will get at ticket for using your fog lights unless you need them.
Interesting I never knew that. In Texas we have no such law.

Interested as well if someone finds a plug and play solution.

Contacted them - they indicated too busy for new projects - "We'd suggest getting in touch with a professional installer that has an electrical background, that may be able to fabricate something for or rewire that circuit" - https://www.diodedynamics.com/find-a-dealer

Unless plug-n-play, I would not be interested...

FWIW

ERNYSAN

Staff Member
How about LED fog lights (aftermarket) connected to the 12V port inside the Telluride and activated by remote control???? will do that and post pics if all goes well :)

In Canada there are several provinces that makes it illegal to drive with fog lights on all the time.

Actually, I did something like this on my '12 Escape...

Ran a wire from the fuse block from a circuit that was only energized with the ignition on; thru a switch I put in the dash; to a relay - so this switched wire controlled the relay. Wired the relay to the battery and then to extra OEM connectors I got. Unplugged the stock wires/OEM connectors from the fog lamps and replaced with my custom wiring.

This way whenever the ignition is on, the fog are on - unless I turn the switch off. On with no headlights, on with low beam, on with high beam. Never had an issue with LEOs.

Pretty clean, but not sure I'd do it to a new car, under warranty

Maybe someone can devise a easy plug-n-play option like the Infinity harness

Attachments