Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Android Auto Keeps Disconnecting

This is annoying. I've changed cables and even had Kia replace the USB port. My phone and the Android Auto app are both updated. I have a 3 year old Galaxy S10 and a 2020 S-trim. Is this happening to anyone else? Any fixes?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

e1ohem

I'm having the same issue lately. Its plugged in just disconnects alot. I changed cable and updated phone. S22 ultra and 2020 lx with android auto updated.
Update: I read on a board that if you use the cable that comes with the phone this could resolve the issue. I had to buy an adapter to convert my usb-c cable to usb-a https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?i...usb+c+to+usb+a%2Caps%2C104&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1. I have tried this and it is currently working.
Hope this helps

This is annoying. I've changed cables and even had Kia replace the USB port. My phone and the Android Auto app are both updated. I have a 3 year old Galaxy S10 and a 2020 S-trim. Is this happening to anyone else? Any fixes?

I've only had our '22 Telluride for a couple of weeks. I noticed a couple of disconnections when using the wired connection to my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. I recently purchased the Motorola MA1 Android Auto Car Adapter from Target (online) and now connect to Android Auto wirelessly without any issue. It's really nice being wireless.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
So, problem solved. I switched the cable...again, but this time it worked. My wife bought it at Walmart, that's about all I know about it. My AA has not dropped 1x in almost 2 months.

MikeUSA

Well, just to add what worked for me (knock on wood!) after trying several new cables that didn't make a difference: clear the cache for AA, Google Play Services, & Maps/Waze.