Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Android Auto Update

Netace44

So I got the new Android Auto on my phone, and I am a little disappointed as it appears to not be utilizing the full screen on the Telluride. Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere, as I have only had a few minutes to test it out on my coffee break.

Attachments

That's how it looks on mine. Hopefully a firmware update on the vehicle will add a full screen feature.

So I got the new Android Auto on my phone, and I am a little disappointed as it appears to not be utilizing the full screen on the Telluride. Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere, as I have only had a few minutes to test it out on my coffee break.
My son's KIA Rio 5 utilizes the screen better with Android Auto than my T-Ride. He likes to rub it in every chance he gets until I remind him that his whole car fits in mine..........punk.

Anyone planning to update to the new Map software from mnsoft? They said it may or may not contain the updates from the manufacturer (KIA) to enable widescreen. This is how they pushed out Android Auto to older cars that were capable but didn't come with it installed a few years ago.

Anyone planning to update to the new Map software from mnsoft? They said it may or may not contain the updates from the manufacturer (KIA) to enable widescreen. This is how they pushed out Android Auto to older cars that were capable but didn't come with it installed a few years ago.
Interesting. It seems they include a change log of "New Features" when they release a new version. If this change is included, I will buy the upgrade. Otherwise I'll wait (in other cars I've updated map versions every few years).

Anyone know how much it cost to update the map software?

Unfortunately, mnsoft (Kia's map update company) confirmed that the forthcoming update will not include full-screen Android Auto:

Thank you for your inquiry.

We just released v13.5 on 08/09/19. Unfortunately due to variables such as different software versions, unexpected errors and logistics issues that can pop up, not all vehicles get the new version as soon as it is released.

Currently most vehicles have access to the v13.5 update, with the rest expected to get the update within the next 2-5 weeks. We hope to have all vehicles enabled for this download by the end of September at the latest.

Unfortunately, this update does not include the desired feature you are requesting. I am very sorry for this inconvenience. I provided a link below of what is included in the Map Update .....

http://download.mapnsoft.com/mapcare_download/Software/v13.5/pdf/KMA_New_Map_Features_136U5W.pdf

Thank you again for reaching out to us with this inquiry.

Just updated to the newest 2020 maps. Version 14. It still doesn't give fullscreen. However, it does add split screen so you can have Android Auto up and your passenger talk, weather, builtin map, compass and a few other things on the space that was once blank. Just thought i'd let everyone know before they purchase the maps.

I could care less about the map update. I do want to update my Android auto though. I shouldn't have to pay for firmware updates.

Jflow1717

Just updated to the newest 2020 maps. Version 14. It still doesn't give fullscreen. However, it does add split screen so you can have Android Auto up and your passenger talk, weather, builtin map, compass and a few other things on the space that was once blank. Just thought i'd let everyone know before they purchase the maps.
How did you update it? Did it cost anything?

Baz

How did you update it? Did it cost anything?
The update itself is free, but mapnsoft charges for the flashdrive which is about $30 shipped. you can order from::
https://www.mapnsoft.com/kia/
There's supposed to be a download option for free as of may 15th, this still hasn't happened for US Tellurides, I seen on Stinger forums some saying they got access.
I've also read some saying they were told an incremental patch is in the works for July and the download option is begin held up until then.
Also possible your dealer might have it available, if you have a service appointment coming up guess you can ask about it, as for what they charge, well it's the dealer...

ucinn

Staff Member
The update itself is free, but mapnsoft charges for the flashdrive which is about $30 shipped. you can order from::
https://www.mapnsoft.com/kia/
There's supposed to be a download option for free as of may 15th, this still hasn't happened for US Tellurides, I seen on Stinger forums some saying they got access.
I've also read some saying they were told an incremental patch is in the works for July and the download option is begin held up until then.
Also possible your dealer might have it available, if you have a service appointment coming up guess you can ask about it, as for what they charge, well it's the dealer...
The stinger ones that have been able to download are Canadians, the US stinger one is still not available yet either.

The stinger ones that have been able to download are Canadians, the US stinger one is still not available yet either.
I actually got the Stinger one the same day and updated at the same time I was doing the Telly. (both US) Both were shipped not downloads. Stinger comes as SD and the Telly as USB.