Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Any way to completely disable ISG?

Module installed in less than 5 minutes. No more annoying stop-start and I don’t need to remember to press the button. Worth it.

black/green - ground - F51 Pin 24
orange/white - isg --- F51 pin 8
I tried that. It didn't seem to work. Maybe I used the wrong resistors? I couldn't find the same ones you have in the pic. Can I use a normal wire without damaging something? QUOTE="kelrog, post: 16069, member: 2784"]black/green - ground - F51 Pin 24
orange/white - isg --- F51 pin 8[/QUOTE]

kelrog

Try flipping the resistor around. There is a flow to them.

My AutoStop Eliminator arrives today. I already watched the install video and expect it to take less than 10 minutes. No modification to the vehicle, no warranty concerns, and the button remains usable. 100% win.

I’ve had their products in the past and it’s absolutely worth the $100. I don’t get how anyone could buy a $40-50k vehicle and balk about $100…
Looks like a great solution. I'm taking delivery on 9/30 and am pretty sure this will be an update that I make. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like a great solution. I'm taking delivery on 9/30 and am pretty sure this will be an update that I make. Thanks for sharing.
It works great, easy install, and with every recent vehicle that has stop-start its the best - and first - investment I make. The “feature” is one I can’t stand.

I prefer this plug & play solution to messing with wiring.

It works great, easy install, and with every recent vehicle that has stop-start its the best - and first - investment I make. The “feature” is one I can’t stand.

I prefer this plug & play solution to messing with wiring.
Received my AutoStop Eliminator today. Installed in about 5 minutes without any issues. Works great!! What a great solution!

A few days into having the AutoStop Eliminator installed, I love it! I noticed it when I was running errands recently and had to leave and return to the vehicle several times within minutes and press that stupid button every time to prevent the vehicle from turning off when stopping at the next stoplight.

My wife, who isn't really into cars and the little "features" that may or may not be included in them, questioned why I would spend money on a device that just remembers my preference regarding ISG. To me, it's a physical manifestation of one side of the "global warming climate change" argument. It's someone I don't know telling me that I need to do something a certain way, even though the benefit of this action is questionable, to be charitable. I choose to control the vehicle I've purchased without having to press a particular button every time I start the vehicle. Thank you, TRL Automotive, LLC, for such a great solution that kills that "mosquito buzzing around my head when trying to sleep." Necessity is the mother of invention, right?! Thanks again.

doniela

Or pull up the cover and push a 1k resistor into the connector.

And just pull it out when your done with it.
What cover to remove? are you talking, under steering wheel or button itself?

OP
CDPond
Thread Starter #30
What cover to remove? are you talking, under steering wheel or button itself?
Go to the website mentioned earlier in this thread for the AutoStop Eliminator product. Watch the installation video for their product and it will show you how to simply and easily access the electrical connector you need to deal with. It's underneath the actual start/stop button in the central console. Since you're in Florida, there's one thing you shouldn't have to worry about, and that's breaking any plastic when removing the central console trim. For those of us in more northern climes, I'd highly recommend making sure you're parked in a nice warm place or wait till summer to do this. With super cold temps, the plastic would be brittle and I wouldn't want to risk breaking anything.

csptk

Or pull up the cover and push a 1k resistor into the connector.

And just pull it out when your done with it.
This worked like a charm. A little more info for clarity: jumping the pins with a resistor defeats ISG every time you start the car. It's off permanently (which is absolutely fine w/me) and cant be enabled with the switch. Free mod from the stash!