Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Forward Collision Avoidance Assist - System disabled - Radar Blocked

tvglaser

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have a 2022 Telluride. I started getting this message a couple of months ago:

Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) System disabled. Radar blocked.

I took the car to the dealership and was told no "code" was detected and they cannot help me. This issue comes and goes. Their suggestion was to bring it in when the error message is displayed. When the message comes on, it will stay on for about 20 minutes. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks, Tom 1691619606769.png

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have a 2022 Telluride. I started getting this message a couple of months ago:

Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) System disabled. Radar blocked.

I took the car to the dealership and was told no "code" was detected and they cannot help me. This issue comes and goes. Their suggestion was to bring it in when the error message is displayed. When the message comes on, it will stay on for about 20 minutes. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks, Tom View attachment 3958
Sounds like your radar plate in front grill is dirty.

OP
T

tvglaser

Thread Starter #3
Thanks....I've cleaned, multiple times, thinking that might be it.

prezcure

I have been having the same issue....forward collision avoidance assist system disabled. radar blocked comes onto the screen and then automatically disables the cruise control. We drive for a distance and then re-engage the cruise control which will work for awhile. Took the vehicle to the dealer and dealer said "we can't help you unless it happens while we are operating the vehicle." Of course, it didn't happen. Did show the service advisor the picture on my phone of the dashboard with the "warning", but he said that wouldn't do. The vehicle works great. We enjoy it, but this is a pain. Seriously considering selling back to the dealer.

Anyone else have the same issues as the two of us?

I had this issue while on a road trip in my 2024 and it was caused by the sun being level with the front of the vehicle. Once the sun glare was gone the radar worked like normal from then on. I haven’t had the issue since.

jfoel

I've had it happen when I'm driving in a snowstorm or if there's frost on the car early in the morning. I've been told by the service rep that there is a way to disengage the sensor so you can drive on cruise in a snowstorm, etc but so far I haven't been able to figure it out. I also had all of my steering and lane sensors fail on a short trip which shut down the power steering feature. It happened three times on a single day but not after that. Fortunately I had taken pictures of the failures and described in detail the issue to the KIA service reps. I only had a couple thousand miles on the car. They replaced the electronic power steering module and all is good.