Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone plan to have ceramic coating done?

Attachments

Stinger looks absolutely beautiful. You going to mod the Telluride too?
Nah, wife won't let me lol. I'm not done with the cosmetics of the Stinger but it's done as far as performance.

Are you going to install paint protection film to add another layer of protection or just leave it at that? Looks great by the way.
I'm going to leave it like that. I've yet to see PPF age well.

KiaFan

Staff Member
I take it back once a year, he decontaminates, buffs and adds another coat of ceramic pro sport over the existing coat for about $125.
Not bad, cheaper than what shops around me charges for a full detail.

I did get the gold package...does this include the ceramic on the outside? Thanks

Gunner

I wouldn't trust anyone that says they will LAYER on multiple layers of ceramic in one session. One layer of ceramic takes about a few days or a week to completely cure to add another coat.
Your right. I spoke with someone who will do Divine and he has to keep my car for 3 days.

Why would someone spend $2k for some magical Ceramic coating on car that probably wouldn't hold up to rock chips at all like a good 3M film would for the front and part of the hood of the vehicle for a few hundred bucks?!
For $2k i can get the whole car repainted if i needed to. My Neighbor had that done on his new Vette. I just shook my head....
CERAMIC COATING MYTHS