Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone purchased the front alloy skid plate?

Please share some pictures if you have the front allow skid plate

Wayne C

I think we'd all love to see pics of this skid plate installed. It trust that it's functional, but it's strange how no one, not even the dealers, know what it will look like installed, or even if it replaces the plastic faux skid plate. Where is our frontrunner?

Mine came with it installed.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Meh. If I didn't see it on the window sticker, I never would have known it was there. And it doesn't offer any more protection, just added weight.

Meh. If I didn't see it on the window sticker, I never would have known it was there. And it doesn't offer any more protection, just added weight.

Yeah, if that's the case, from a practical perspective, it may leave something to be desired.

While it is true that it covers the same area as
plastic splash pan, it absolutely offers more protection for the covered area, as it’s heavy gauge aluminum versus plastic.

Bilt.K5

Looks like you can drain the oil without issue but appears to cover the oil filter meaning the skid plate needs to come off and then the regular plastic cover as well to get access to the oil filter. Is that correct?

Sharky

I'm considering buying a Telly that has the skid plate already installed. Might be looking to sell it if anyone is interested.