Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Auto-Stop Eliminator -- Installation tips

I was installing this today, backed out of the garage so that I had good light to see. Problem was it is very hot out (90+degrees) so I wanted the ac to be running. This means instead of going into ACC mode as they tell you to, I left the engine running.

Getting the center console plate to lift up was a little more difficult than the video showed. You have to muscle it some.
The disconnection of the main molex plug was also a little bit more difficult.

The hardest part of all was installing the zip-tie to hold in place the Eliminator module. There is not a lot of room down there and if you have big hands, etc., it is hard to maneuver and to see. I screwed up one zip-tie (got it too tight before it was around the module) and when I cut it to remove, it fell down into the bilge o_O never to be seen again. heh

I finally got the module secured tight in place with the 2nd zip-tie. Re-assembly of the center console plate was a lot easier than removal.

After I was totally done, it dawned on me that working down under would have been significantly easier had I stood outside, leaning over the driver's seat rather than trying to reach down from sitting in the driver's seat.

Conclusion: This part is very well made. It works like a charm! I now have the ability to enable ISG or disable it and have it OFF all the time. Happy camper .....

Autostop Eliminator for 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 Kia Telluride