Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Auto start/stop random activation

Aliaga61

I’ve noticed that my auto start/stop seems to have a mind of its own and decides when it wants to activate. At times when I stop at a light or stop sign, it will trigger and stop the engine, with the green indicator light in the dash. Other times the start/stop will be disabled, with the orange indicator in the dash displaying that it’s off, and other times no indicator will come on and the engine does not stop. This is all without me touching the button in the center control area.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this or maybe knows the logic, if this is normal. All other cars i've driven in the past with auto start stop has it either enabled and it works at ever full stop, or it's turned off with the push of a button. It’s not annoying enough to take in to the dealer just for this issue. I will likely wait to mention it at my first service appointment.

This is normal, you don't have to take it to the dealer.

There are specific conditions that must be met for auto stop to activate. Search this forum for the specifics. If you cannot find a hit, look at the owners manual.

ronrieger

I’ve noticed that my auto start/stop seems to have a mind of its own and decides when it wants to activate. At times when I stop at a light or stop sign, it will trigger and stop the engine, with the green indicator light in the dash. Other times the start/stop will be disabled, with the orange indicator in the dash displaying that it’s off, and other times no indicator will come on and the engine does not stop. This is all without me touching the button in the center control area.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this or maybe knows the logic, if this is normal. All other cars i've driven in the past with auto start stop has it either enabled and it works at ever full stop, or it's turned off with the push of a button. It’s not annoying enough to take in to the dealer just for this issue. I will likely wait to mention it at my first service appointment.
I am having the same issue. Sometimes ISG works, sometimes is doesn't. I can drive for 30, 50, 100 miles so the engine and everything else should be up to operating temperature. The ISG may work fine and then at the next stop is doesn't. Each time it doesn't work the dash light comes on (as it should) and then the console light immediately comes on cancelling out the ISG. I have taken it to my dealership twice and it works fine for them. I have called KIA customer service and they tell me they do not have any ongoing issues with the ISG. Customer Service tells me to take it to the dealer again. I'm guessing it is one of the sensor's acting up but that is just a guess. When I take it for a test ride with the service manager it works fine. He thinks I'm crazy and I am beginning to agree.