Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Bad experience ordering a part online

ganseg

I damaged the plastic piece under my lift gate window but the cost to have it repaired was less than my deductible. I figured I could do it myself and found KiaParts.com. I looked up 'lift gate trim' and found a picture of the part:
View attachment 20480
I ordered it and didn't hear anything for a month, so I called. The website parts guy immediately found a part that had come in for me but said it wasn't what I described. He also said the part I wanted is not available so I asked him if this 'pad' he had looked like it would help me install the part if I could find one at a recycler. He said yes. I got the part and it was a dime-sized gasket that clearly will not help me with installing the actual part. The handling fee was $5 and shipping was $10. It could have been sent in a letter size envelope with a lifetime stamp. I contacted them again, re-explained the problems, and asked if the fees could be reversed and they said no. This problem began with them and continued with them - they were not even willing to make this minor adjustment. So I am helping them out by sharing my experience so they can avoid repeating this poorly run 'service'.
kiaparts.png