Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Body repair

Yea, sounds bad. At least its not Tesla, people are waiting 6+ months for parts for repair! I think that Kia will catch up quickly once production starts to meet demand.

How horrible! Thankfully nobody got hurt - hopefully no kids in the car at the time, that would be scary. Wondering why the proximity sensors weren't going off as you approached the door?
Yes, I wondered the same. It's finally all fixed now. The rear wiper motor also had to be replaced, so between waiting for the glass and waiting for the motor, I was able to drive it 2 days in the month of June. But that's nothing compared to the person who has been waiting 9 weeks for parts at the body shop! I'd be beyond pissed...

Yes, I wondered the same. It's finally all fixed now. The rear wiper motor also had to be replaced, so between waiting for the glass and waiting for the motor, I was able to drive it 2 days in the month of June. But that's nothing compared to the person who has been waiting 9 weeks for parts at the body shop! I'd be beyond pissed...
Glad to hear the repair was finally completed.

Did you get KIA glass or aftermarket glass?

I've heard there is shortage on OEM front windshields too.

I've heard there is shortage on OEM front windshields too.
Yeah, I don't get it...Even 3rd party accessory vendors are not supporting the KT after the release date 4 months ago. For example, Yakima/Thule doesn't have anything that's compatible with the rack system. Maybe KIA should have actually released the KT in March of 2020 instead of March of 2019. It is a 2020 model, right?:LOL:

Yeah, I don't get it...Even 3rd party accessory vendors are not supporting the KT after the release date 4 months ago. For example, Yakima/Thule doesn't have anything that's compatible with the rack system. Maybe KIA should have actually released the KT in March of 2020 instead of March of 2019. It is a 2020 model, right?:LOL:
I was told by a company in Korea that makes center console organizers that they don't have anything for the KIA T-Ride because it's a North American car. The head smack was slow and deliberate.........

For the hell of it, I called Safelite Auto Glass... Hesitation and said "sorry...not even in the system yet." I guess too much, too soon. Now all you can hope for is at least a way to wrangle a rental/loaner. And.. there are many who do wait for a NEW car but have the issue of a lease running out soon so...not necessarily a vehicle to drive unless you can get someone to cover that cost... This will force many to go to another make or model. What I am noticing is that … as we speak...there are Tellurides ending up in salvage yards already... More than one way to skin a cat... when needed.

Portland Glass told me the same thing, but Safelite was great.

If I were in that position, I'd definitely go in another direction.

Portland Glass told me the same thing, but Safelite was great.

If I were in that position, I'd definitely go in another direction.
So I assume the window is replaced? I still find it interesting that Safelite told me...the 2020 KT glass was not even in the system yet... I assumed they checked the 'puter…

So I assume the window is replaced? I still find it interesting that Safelite told me...the 2020 KT glass was NOT even in the system yet... I assumed they checked the 'puter…
Yes, it was the rear glass, but it has been replaced.

Safelite produces their windshields in-house so it’s not OEM. Most glass companies will either use PPG or SGS glass which are OEE “Original Equipment Equivalent”.