Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Brand new member with a lighting question

ChipC

Happy to be a new member! I live in the greater Boston Cape Cod buying area, and am in the market for an SX Prestige. I have a question about the interior lighting; is the 16 color lighting kit a part of the Prestige Package? I also see a 64 color kit that I thought might be an option.

Hey Chip! The 64 color is the ambient, or mood lighting (hidden in little strips at the doors and dash) that comes with the SX - no prestige needed. The 16 color lighting kit is an add-on that's not connected to the other lighting in anyway and lights up the footwells and cupholders. I had this same question early on - it's not super clear, but hopefully that helps!

OP
C

ChipC

Thread Starter #3
Hey Chip! The 64 color is the ambient, or mood lighting (hidden in little strips at the doors and dash) that comes with the SX - no prestige needed. The 16 color lighting kit is an add-on that's not connected to the other lighting in anyway and lights up the footwells and cupholders. I had this same question early on - it's not super clear, but hopefully that helps!
Many thanks. Yes, they don’t spell that out clearly, but with the 16 color package being an additional $400 plus, I‘ll probably go with the standard package!

Chip - Good luck with your search. I found mine at Dan O'Brien Kia in Norwood. Took about 4 weeks from placing a deposit to picking up my SX Prestige...and yes, the ambient lighting along the passenger dash trim and along all four doors is standard in the SX.

OP
C

ChipC

Thread Starter #5
Chip - Good luck with your search. I found mine at Dan O'Brien Kia in Norwood. Took about 4 weeks from placing a deposit to picking up my SX Prestige...and yes, the ambient lighting along the passenger dash trim and along all four doors is standard in the SX.
Thank you for the reply and encouragement!

zezo84n

Hi,
I have an SX and an EX owner trim he told me that the color mood lighting is there.. as Physical but it need to programing it.
Is it true?

Talking about ambient lighting. Is it normal that the lights under the door and dash are brighter when in park? When I shift to Drive they get dimmer.
Is that normal?

ucinn

Staff Member
yes, that
Talking about ambient lighting. Is it normal that the lights under the door and dash are brighter when in park? When I shift to Drive they get dimmer.
Is that normal?
yes, this is normal.

ucinn

Staff Member
Hi,
I have an SX and an EX owner trim he told me that the color mood lighting is there.. as Physical but it need to programing it.
Is it true?
I have heard this also, so I would assume you would need to find a controller somewhere and tap in to the wiring wherever it may be.

Telly22

Hi,
Is it true?
Do you mean that the EX has the mood lighting, but not hooked up? I have an ex and would love to find out how to hook it up.

Risque247

Do you mean that the EX has the mood lighting, but not hooked up? I have an ex and would love to find out how to hook it up.
Has anyone found out if this is legit? I'm in the same boat with my EX....thanks!

Telly22

Best I can tell, there is no unhooked up lighting on the EX. I bought a set on Amazon and have yet to hook it up and my service manager put in an Amazon lighting set too. I figure he would know if it was there and and not hooked up. :) Oh well...