Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Debadging 2022?

Anyone tried this yet? Probably just going to hyperdip the front emblem to match the nightfall trim, but I think I’d prefer to remove the back one.

If anyone has a picture of the 2022 front kia emblem removed please post. I'd like to see what the front grill looks like with the Kia emblem removed.

Here it is with “telluride” removed
Thank you. I'm going to remove my lettering on the front hood too. But it's the chrome kia badge on front grill that bothers me. I'm getting nightfall and either want to black it out or remove it entirely.

Which is why I asked if you took off kia emblem on the front. If you ever do please take a picture and send. Thanks.

I removed the lettering on the hood and tailgate, but I actually like the brushed aluminum logos.

Does anyone know if a "AWD" badge is supposed to be on the back of 2022 SXP NF Tellurides? Received mine last month and only have Kia logo and Telluride lettering.

Naber

I tried the plastidip and thought it looked pretty cheap.
I found a web site called VIP auto accessories that has a vynle overlay. It was easy to install. I have taken it through one car wash and washed it many times myself and it has held up perfectly. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

Elizabeth

We just took delivery of a 2022 gravity gray Telluride with nightfall package. When we ordered the car over the summer, we were looking at the 2021 model with the Kia oval blacked out, which looked great. It was an unpleasant surprise to see the huge new logo in shiny silver, which ruins the whole idea of a blackout look. I am not sure what they were thinking. Has anyone contacted Kia to ask them to reimburse the cost to have an auto detail shop blacken the logo? We actually would not have paid the extra $1700+ had we known they were going to do this.

We just took delivery of a 2022 gravity gray Telluride with nightfall package. When we ordered the car over the summer, we were looking at the 2021 model with the Kia oval blacked out, which looked great. It was an unpleasant surprise to see the huge new logo in shiny silver, which ruins the whole idea of a blackout look. I am not sure what they were thinking. The description on the window tag says "Exclusive Front Grille in Black Finish", so Kia did not deliver on that. Has anyone considered a class action suit to have Kia pay for aftermarket blackening of the logo, if desired? We actually would not have paid the extra $1700+ for this had we known.
Class Action? Really? That is what is wrong with our society today. Learn to deal with it.

The logo is brushed finish, not shiny chrome, so it’s not bad at all. Pick up the overlay or black it out. Not a big deal.

BTW, the grille is black so…..

Elizabeth

Class Action? Really? That is what is wrong with our society today. Learn to deal with it.

The logo is brushed finish, not shiny chrome, so it’s not bad at all. Pick up the overlay or black it out. Not a big deal.

BTW, the grille is black so…..

While not kindly stated, point taken. So I will rephrase my post to ask if anyone has contacted Kia to ask to be reimbursed for after market work. While this is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, to pay a lot for something that in the past was done one way, and then discover on delivery that it is suddenly different, feels like a bait and switch. And one thought, it is never out of style to be kind.

While not kindly stated, point taken. So I will rephrase my post to ask if anyone has contacted Kia to ask to be reimbursed for after market work. While this is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, to pay a lot for something that in the past was done one way, and then discover on delivery that it is suddenly different, feels like a bait and switch. And one thought, it is never out of style to be kind.
I’m very kind, but what you’re asking is simply silly. Did you not see the vehicle before you purchased it? If you didn’t like the appearance you should have passed and purchased a different vehicle. Surely, with the market being what it is and the Telluride commanding over MSRP, you can sell it and come out with your original investment.

If you expect Kia to do anything you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. They will NOT reimburse you anything nor will they change anything. No one forced you to buy the Telluride.

Put on your big girl panties and enjoy the great vehicle it is, or sell it.

Elizabeth

I’m very kind, but what you’re asking is simply silly. Did you not see the vehicle before you purchased it? If you didn’t like the appearance you should have passed and purchased a different vehicle. Surely, with the market being what it is and the Telluride commanding over MSRP, you can sell it and come out with your original investment.

If you expect Kia to do anything you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. They will NOT reimburse you anything nor will they change anything. No one forced you to buy the Telluride.

Put on your big girl panties and enjoy the great vehicle it is, or sell it.
Anyone who responds to a stranger's question in the way you have is not kind, that's just a statement of fact. There is no way to read tone in a forum, so perhaps you typed your words with extreme kindness, but it doesn't read that way.

And no, we did not see the vehicle before we ordered, as the dealer had none on the lot when we went in June. We were looking at the 2021 catalog, and the nightfall package was different on that model. The dealer said to order it, take it for a test drive, and if we didn't like the car, no worries. It only just arrived this week. It was a take it or leave it, and the emblem was not enough to pass up the car, obviously. We love everything else about it. The issue is only that we paid for a package that was different than the only information we were given. That's it.

And when you say Kia will not do anything, are you guessing on that, or is that from personal experience? I did contact them and they took the information and said they will be back in contact.

Anyone who responds to a stranger's question in the way you have is not kind, that's just a statement of fact. There is no way to read tone in a forum, so perhaps you typed your words with extreme kindness, but it doesn't read that way.

And no, we did not see the vehicle before we ordered, as the dealer had none on the lot when we went in June. We were looking at the 2021 catalog, and the nightfall package was different on that model. The dealer said to order it, take it for a test drive, and if we didn't like the car, no worries. It only just arrived this week. It was a take it or leave it, and the emblem was not enough to pass up the car, obviously. We love everything else about it. The issue is only that we paid for a package that was different than the only information we were given. That's it.

And when you say Kia will not do anything, are you guessing on that, or is that from personal experience? I did contact them and they took the information and said they will be back in contact.
You admitted you DID have a chance to see the vehicle before purchase and you decided the emblems were not reason enough to pass on the purchase. You make the purchase decision, so you were not a “victim” of “bait & switch” tactics.

As such, there is absolutely no reason KIA Motors should do anything to make you happy. If you don’t like it, sell the car or take steps to customize it to your liking. I’m sure you can fit the older grille with old style emblem, if you’re willing to accept the cost.

That you think you deserve anything from Kia is laughable.

I don’t think you realize how silly this sounds to anyone else. I’ll bet I can guess your political bend too….

Elizabeth

You admitted you DID have a chance to see the vehicle before purchase and you decided the emblems were not reason enough to pass on the purchase. You make the purchase decision, so you were not a “victim” of “bait & switch” tactics.

As such, there is absolutely no reason KIA Motors should do anything to make you happy. If you don’t like it, sell the car or take steps to customize it to your liking. I’m sure you can fit the older grille with old style emblem, if you’re willing to accept the cost.

That you think you deserve anything from Kia is laughable.

I don’t think you realize how silly this sounds to anyone else. I’ll bet I can guess your political bend too….

I didn't have a chance to see it before ordering and paying for the additional NIGHTFALL package, that is my point. I ordered it based on the way it was being done and displayed in catalogs, which should be a safe guess. I'm not sure what genius at Kia thought that someone ordering a blackout package would appreciate a large silver emblem. When it arrived with the whole front not blacked out, that is a switch from what they had been doing.

I thought these forums were a chance to see if others had the same experience and could give helpful advice? I'm not sure anyone is going to respond to the question now, but I would appreciate hearing from anyone else. Literally.

And if you guessed Trump conservative, then you are right. Thanks for all of your help, I'll go look for my panties.