Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Debadging 2022?

I didn't have a chance to see it before ordering and paying for the additional NIGHTFALL package, that is my point. I ordered it based on the way it was being done and displayed in catalogs, which should be a safe guess. I'm not sure what genius at Kia thought that someone ordering a blackout package would appreciate a large silver emblem. When it arrived with the whole front not blacked out, that is a switch from what they had been doing.

I thought these forums were a chance to see if others had the same experience and could give helpful advice? I'm not sure anyone is going to respond to the question now, but I would appreciate hearing from anyone else. Literally.

And if you guessed Trump conservative, then you are right. Thanks for all of your help, I'll go look for my panties.
No way you’re on the right, not buying it.

I get that you ordered it based on what you thought it would be, but you saw it before completing the purchase, so you could have backed out if it wasn’t acceptable. You decided to buy it, even with the emblems you didn’t care for the design. In the end, you did not have to buy it. This is not something any manufacturer should be responsible for.

Personal responsibility is a beautiful thing.

I’m just being honest, so if that hurts then maybe it’s because you regret the decision.

I checked, your panties aren’t over here.

Have a great day.

Elizabeth

No way you’re on the right, not buying it.

I get that you ordered it based on what you thought it would be, but you saw it before completing the purchase, so you could have backed out if it wasn’t acceptable. You decided to buy it, even with the emblems you didn’t care for the design. In the end, you did not have to buy it. This is not something any manufacturer should be responsible for.

Personal responsibility is a beautiful thing.

I’m just being honest, so if that hurts then maybe it’s because you regret the decision.

I checked, your panties aren’t over here.

Have a great day.

Absolutely, was actually a Cruz fan in the primary. I didn't care for Trump until after the election when I saw the amazing things he was doing to transform the country. Look at the disaster we are in just since January...it's awful. Is it possible we agree on something? ;) And keeping the car was the right decision, it is incredible to drive. I'll just close my eyes halfway when I walk around the front.

Absolutely, was actually a Cruz fan in the primary. I didn't care for Trump until after the election when I saw the amazing things he was doing to transform the country. Look at the disaster we are in just since January...it's awful. Is it possible we agree on something? ;) And keeping the car was the right decision, it is incredible to drive. I'll just close my eyes halfway when I walk around the front.
Consider masking off the front one and using Plasti-Dip paint. For the rear, you could purchase a new emblem and paint it black, then install it (which would be much easier than painting on the car). Depending on the color of your vehicle, you could also consider painting the rear emblem the same color as the vehicle. I think a body shop would do an even better job, but you could possibly remove the emblem altogether- provided there are not any alignment holes in the tailgate.

Elizabeth

Consider masking off the front one and using Plasti-Dip paint. For the rear, you could purchase a new emblem and paint it black, then install it (which would be much easier then painting on the car). Depending on the color of your vehicle, you could also consider painting the rear emblem the same color as the vehicle. I think a body shop would do an even better job, but you could possibly remove the emblem altogether- provided there are not any alignment holes in the tailgate.
Good advice, thank you.

I will start by pulling the emblem off the back; does anyone know if that is attached only with adhesive?

Good advice, thank you.

I will start by pulling the emblem off the back; does anyone know if that is attached only with adhesive?
If you haven’t done it before; use a heat gun to warm the emblem and soften the adhesive. If no heat gun, a hair dryer. Then to remove residual adhesive many use GoofOff. Better is to find a local auto body supply shop and get 3-M adhesive remover, as it works much much better.

Calling your Kia dealer parts department should answer the question on mounting; as they should have images to indicate if the emblem has pins/locating holes.

Elizabeth

If you haven’t done it before; use a heat gun to warm the emblem and soften the adhesive. If no heat gun, a hair dryer. Then to remove residual adhesive many use GoofOff. Better is to find a local auto body supply shop and get 3-M adhesive remover, as it works much much better.

Calling your Kia dealer parts department should answer the question on mounting; as they should have images to indicate if the emblem has pins/locating holes.

So helpful!

Naber

Elizabeth i agree with you 100%. Ours is the Gravity Grey also. It took ours 16 weeks to come in. When we ordered it we had no clue the logo was going to change, and like you we were disappointed in the look. We removed the AWD logo with a hair dryer. As I pointed out i thought the plastidip looked cheap. I found those vynle overlays and could not be happier with the look.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth i agree with you 100%. Ours is the Gravity Grey also. It took ours 16 weeks to come in. When we ordered it we had no clue the logo was going to change, and like you we were disappointed in the look. We removed the AWD logo with a hair dryer. As I pointed out i thought the plastidip looked cheap. I found those vynle overlays and could not be happier with the look.
Yes, it's disappointing, but I'm glad there is a fix. With the encouragement from this thread, I took the car to a friend who does some body work and read him the suggestions on how to remove the emblems. It only took him minutes to remove the emblem on the back, and then he buffed off the adhesive. For the front, he didn't have plastidip, but he did have some vinyl overlay on hand and used that. I'll see how it holds up. I was able to save the emblem from the back, and if the adhesive he used falls apart, we can either order the overlay or try the dip. I think it looks so much better, I wish it would have come from the factory darkened. The picture of the front looks a little red for some reason, the pic was taken at night, so maybe the flash glare.

Attachments

I tried the plastidip and thought it looked pretty cheap.
I found a web site called VIP auto accessories that has a vynle overlay. It was easy to install. I have taken it through one car wash and washed it many times myself and it has held up perfectly. Here are a couple of pictures.
Hey we know those guys ;) Looks great!