Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Delays at Kia yet again

We ordered out Telluride back in November on Black Friday and we have promised dates and dates and changed from feb to march to April to may now they are saying July what is the problem this is really getting ridiculous and no one knows anything at all getting really fed up with this

ucinn

Staff Member
If you haven't noticed lately, we are in a pandemic, it is delaying products all over the nation. Kia is not exempt from this.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
If you haven't noticed lately, we are in a pandemic, it is delaying products all over the nation. Kia is not exempt from this.
We order on Black Friday in November before this all started so they had almost 3 to 4 month before this

kao

They were having a manufacturing backlog well before November. your dealer might have not been upfront with you about how many allocations they get to order per month, how many orders were in front of you and how long the wait time was going to be based upon the model/options you ordered. I ordered December 12th and was told likely 6 months by my dealer. he was honest and upfront. Mine will most likely be delayed due to Covid. Not the manufacturor or dealers fault.

ucinn

Staff Member
yea, dealers were saying 6 to 8 months and the dealer I ordered through stopped taking orders because they were way too deep in them.

Janeydoey

I ordered in September. Was given a June date, not holding my breath.

djw

Has Kia resumed US production of Telluride yet? The Georgia plant was scheduled to reopen on May 4 but have not seen any confirmation.
When production restarts, about how long does it take for dealers to receive new inventory?

Has Kia resumed US production of Telluride yet? The Georgia plant was scheduled to reopen on May 4 but have not seen any confirmation.
When production restarts, about how long does it take for dealers to receive new inventory?
Yes production has started. You can track daily volumes by trim level here:

https://telly-stats.herokuapp.com/

They are only running one shift though...so volume is much lower than in the past.

djw