Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Do we get free map updates?

Anyone know if the map updates are done free during service?

Sadly its not free, its a few hundred for the SD card

ucinn

Staff Member
Or $150..at least that's what it was for my Sorento last year.

PHISHinMA

Could the SD card be used by more than 1 vehicle? Cuz, I'd only need it for a few minutes. ;)

Could the SD card be used by more than 1 vehicle? Cuz, I'd only need it for a few minutes. ;)
You can take it out of one and transfer it to another but you need to put it back in for the map to work. You can’t copy the cards either.

PHISHinMA

Ahh, it has to stay in the head unit. Gotcha

But with Android Auto / CarPlay you have constantly updated maps. The downside is that you do not get turn-by-turn instructs in the hud and are dependent on cell service

Sadly its not free, its a few hundred for the SD card
Where is the SD card located? I did find a setting to update software via USB in one of the UVO screens

I was reading the manual and it says to take it to your dealer for map updates. No idea why they want us to do that unless its a little more than just swapping SD cards

The maps are definitely outdated. It doesent have my parents street on it - their neighborhood was built about 10 months ago :(