Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Driving mode to use when towing with my 2020 Telluride

bgkhauser

I want to tow my 19ft., 3k pound, RV trailer with my 2020 Telluride AWD SX. Which driving mode should I use when towing - comfort, custom, eco, smart, or sport? Thanks!

I’ll bet the owners manual has the answer.

OP
B

bgkhauser

Thread Starter #4
I’ll bet the owners manual has the answer.
I would have bet against you and won (I had already read the owner's manual :)). I'm willing to be corrected if you find something I missed. Thanks!!

D ride

Good evening. I have a 2020 sx. And we bought a ROG 12bh trailer last year and used it the whole summer. I'm just using the comfort setting. It pulled the trailer no problem.

OP
B

bgkhauser

Thread Starter #7
Good evening. I have a 2020 sx. And we bought a ROG 12bh trailer last year and used it the whole summer. I'm just using the comfort setting. It pulled the trailer no problem.
Thank you. I asked the local service manager and he suggested the smart mode which will switch to the best mode automatically (smart eco, smart comfort, etc.). He wasn't emphatic about his answer and appeared to be guess-timating but his answer seems reasonable. Thanks again.

In this case, the most suitable mode will be the “Custom” mode, which will allow you to configure the vehicle parameters for optimal towing. Play with the settings and select the most optimal ones for towing a trailer. And in general, you need to tow, obviously not as a sport. I think you can even just turn on comfort and drive.