Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Front parking sensor issue

I had all my setting perfect until it had the interior light system installed. What I am not sure how to do is get it where when I pull into my garage the front sensors come on. Now I have to put it in park, reverse, then drive again to get them to come on. Or push the button for the camera. Before they just came on whenever I was parking Please make the directions as simple as possible for me to understand. I had a stroke last year and I get confused sometimes. Thanks all.

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #2
96 people have seen this and no one has helped 😭

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
96 people have seen this and no one has helped 😭
Yes, that is unfortunate. However, there is no response as no one knows how to resolve it. This is the first time I've heard of this problem. You'll need to go to your dealership to have them look into it.

The first question is who installed your interior light system? If it was the dealer then take it to them to resolve the issue. If it was someone else then you should take it to them to resolve the issue.

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #4
Yes, that is unfortunate. However, there is no response as no one knows how to resolve it. This is the first time I've heard of this problem. You'll need to go to your dealership to have them look into it.

The first question is who installed your interior light system? If it was the dealer then take it to them to resolve the issue. If it was someone else then you should take it to them to resolve the issue.
Thank you. I don’t think it had anything to do with the light installation. They had to reset all my settings. This one they missed. When you pull into the garage or just to park do your sensors automatically come on?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Thank you. I don’t think it had anything to do with the light installation. They had to reset all my settings. This one they missed. When you pull into the garage or just to park do your sensors automatically come on?
I own an EX, only the SX trim has front parking sensors.

There's a distance warning button above the camera button that turns the system on and off. Mine comes on by itself when I'm driving at really low speeds.

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #7
There's a distance warning button above the camera button that turns the system on and off. Mine comes on by itself when I'm driving at really low speeds.
Yes mine did as well. Now it is not. So I was hoping there was a setting I needed to change

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #11
Yes ma’am it was. Thank you so much. I am sorry I did not say ty before 😊

OP
Theshys
Thread Starter #13
No worries, I wanted to know in case there was another button.;)
There are too many lol. I can’t keep up. The dealership changed the distance warning for collision warning and I can’t figure how to change it back. I’m exhausted lol

I had all my setting perfect until it had the interior light system installed. What I am not sure how to do is get it where when I pull into my garage the front sensors come on. Now I have to put it in park, reverse, then drive again to get them to come on. Or push the button for the camera. Before they just came on whenever I was parking Please make the directions as simple as possible for me to understand. I had a stroke last year and I get confused sometimes. Thanks all.
I am having exact same issue. I did not make any changes to the Car either. I bought the car in Mar 2020. Here is Timeline:

From Mar 2020 until 1 week back: Whenever I park inside garage, front proximity sensor would work ( detect the front wall/objects) and display appropriate warnings. It was great help, specially for my wife.

From Last 1 week : Front proximity sensor stopped working the usual way. However if I put Car in reverse and then Drive , they start working again. Very unusual.

There has been no change in Car's condition or our driving behavior. Speed is always less than 6 MPH inside the garage.

Silver-fx

I am having exact same issue. I did not make any changes to the Car either. I bought the car in Mar 2020. Here is Timeline:

From Mar 2020 until 1 week back: Whenever I park inside garage, front proximity sensor would work ( detect the front wall/objects) and display appropriate warnings. It was great help, specially for my wife.

From Last 1 week : Front proximity sensor stopped working the usual way. However if I put Car in reverse and then Drive , they start working again. Very unusual.

There has been no change in Car's condition or our driving behavior. Speed is always less than 6 MPH inside the garage.
Did you find a solution for your issue?

Saturday everything was fine. Sunday I haven't drive at all. Monday morning, the front proximity sensors just stopped working with a warning on the dash-screen "Parking sensor error or blockage". However, the rear ones are working fine. Interestingly, whenever I try to park and put car in reverse then drive i can get them working just for couple of seconds. then error on the screen again.

Try the "P" button on/off couple of times. no luck. At the traffic lights, when I get close to the car in front of me, it was working. Now, it just gives me error.

gwr333

I've had my '20 Telly for over 2 years. Had this issue once before and don't remember how I fixed it (or if it fixed itself). Just replaced the battery, and am having this problem again. I hope it's just a matter of pressing the P button above the Camera button, as SX_Mary stated.