Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Going to switch my order from a '22 to a '23

In researching the new '23 Telluride, the changes -- both external, and electronics - are significant. I like everything I've seen on videos, etc. The added safety electronics (rearview mirror camera, ties in the GPS for cruise control speed changes, added lane change improvements, etc.) are very important to me -- something I want on a new vehicle that will last me probably at least five years or so. As this design change will stay roughly the same through the 2025 model, it only makes sense to change now even though it will add a couple of months to my delivery (now scheduled for roughly mid-Sept for my '22 order). I am also expecting a reasonable increase in price, but since I am already on order with the top of the line '22 (SX prestige, Nightfall), a few dollars more won't matter.

My dealer sees no problem with my switching orders, but cautions me that things like the Nightfall edition may not be offered for the '23 line. If it comes to that, I still will go with the '23.

Anxiously awaiting release dates, etc.
JB

KiaFan

Staff Member
In researching the new '23 Telluride, the changes -- both external, and electronics - are significant. I like everything I've seen on videos, etc. The added safety electronics (rearview mirror camera, ties in the GPS for cruise control speed changes, added lane change improvements, etc.) are very important to me -- something I want on a new vehicle that will last me probably at least five years or so. As this design change will stay roughly the same through the 2025 model, it only makes sense to change now even though it will add a couple of months to my delivery (now scheduled for roughly mid-Sept for my '22 order). I am also expecting a reasonable increase in price, but since I am already on order with the top of the line '22 (SX prestige, Nightfall), a few dollars more won't matter.

My dealer sees no problem with my switching orders, but cautions me that things like the Nightfall edition may not be offered for the '23 line. If it comes to that, I still will go with the '23.

Anxiously awaiting release dates, etc.
JB

I also like the look of the refreshed '23 regardless if the Nightfall package is available.

soodie

+1 to refreshed look and added features for long term owning.
Have you received any word from your dealer about orders changing from 22 to 23? I booked mine in Feb and my dealer expects around July when they will move to the newer model.

Good choice on waiting and agreed on the new look is way better.
2023telluride_Banner.jpg

Dont forget about the 2023 Kia Telluride X-Pro

OP
Tellmeyourride
Thread Starter #7
+1 to refreshed look and added features for long term owning.
Have you received any word from your dealer about orders changing from 22 to 23? I booked mine in Feb and my dealer expects around July when they will move to the newer model.
That is much earlier than my dealer is suggesting. With my order for a '22 to be delivered probably in mid-Sept, he believes I will probably get a '22 model, i.e., a small chance Kia would bump me up to a '23. I still intend to bite the bullet and switch my order to a '23 even if it adds a couple more months of waiting.

OP
Tellmeyourride
Thread Starter #8
Dont forget about the 2023 Kia Telluride X-Pro
At my age (79), I believe my off road ventures are behind me. Therefore, I really have no interest in the X-Pro or its baby brother the X-Line. I'm all about smooth roads and comfort. Still need an SUV though to carry all my sailing gear.

I’m glad you’re finding what you prefer, but I think all the Telluride models are great looking.

On my 22 I added the factory skid plate and some Wildpeak tires, it’s just perfect and looks great.

It’s hard to go wrong with the Telluride.