Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Hey hey HELP!!

Fine1030

Hey guys we purchased the Telluride and now have problems. The dealership wont wire a 7pin connector or a brake controller unless it's a "plug&play" any help suggestions? Thanks

Take to a hitch shop, some uhaul places will do wiring installs too

OP
F

Fine1030

Thread Starter #3
Ok they are telling us if we take it else where it would void the warranty... I'm almost regretting it. Does anyone have a plug and play controller?

Try another dealer - tell them you aren't happy with the dealer you bought the car from and will likely seek another one to do the regular maintenance. Maybe they'll hook you up and make you a deal.

Ok they are telling us if we take it else where it would void the warranty... I'm almost regretting it. Does anyone have a plug and play controller?
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act-
https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011/01/ftc-validates-right-to-install-aftermarket-parts

"The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket part. Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket part was itself defective or wasn’t installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage. "

Make sure you get a warranty with the third party for the harness.

That's how those long term warranties get you. They want you to perform all of the service intervals and maintenance work at the dealership OR yes, it will void the warranty.

The law isn't on their side where the can arbitrarily void you warranty without proving that your mod caused the problem.